PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted January 23, 2016
all the staff do so much to help the kids. They work them hard and get a lot out of the kids.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted January 23, 2016
staff are good role models and the children seem to follow the way they are

Our Lady of Fatima School 5

Posted January 23, 2016
I love OLF and my 3 kids are there for 4 years. They learn so much more than my nieces and nephews in other schools. They really care about the kids and keep it strict. The always want the kids to be respectful of the classmates and the teachers. I see alot of teachers doing sports and clubs after school. My husband and me are so happy and also my kids.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted June 24, 2015
I went to school at Our Lady of Fatima as a child. I was there from pre-k to grade 8 and I got in trouble for everything. (But hear me out here) I was a student who was always in detention, I always got disciplined for not wearing my tie the right way, not tucking in my shirt, falling asleep, and getting poor grades. I saw the guidance counselors for bad behavior. MY POINT IS = now I'm in college on the verge to applying to medical school and Ive excelled and I attribute it not to my high school but to Our Lady of Fatima. I learned so much from all the mistakes I made here. This school taught me how to be a man. For all you parents out there, all you kids, just know its set up so that if you do the work your going to fail until you succeed. "If there is no struggle there is no progress." All the kids I met at this school are still best friends of mine 10 years later. Some went on to be engineers, police officers, technicians. Admittedly, there are always a few that end up doing nothing. But if anything take from it that this school breeds leaders its tough love. They are going to give you the values to proceed and overcome all limitations. -Rizzuto

Posted February 03, 2015
the kids are not allowed to use the bathroom unless it's an emergency so my child had to have an accident in order for her to use the bathroom. They overwork the kids with homework and constant tests and I feel that some teachers set them up for failure. They get detention over anything!! It's my child's first year at this school and it will be the last.

Our Lady of Fatima School 2

Posted March 11, 2014
well... this school is okay. Most of the kids are name callers or just plain rude to their class mates. They give you detention for hugging.The technology is terrible because of old 1990 dell desktops. Many of the teachers are mean and never have a laugh in the class. They don't have gym, art room. This school is not what i thought it would be.

Our Lady of Fatima School 3

Posted August 28, 2013
I went to this school. I would have to say that it needs major funding. In the school there are very old dell computers. I think Ms. Zelic has been there way to long. she has been there ever since my mom has gone to sunday school. our school needs more programs. there needs to be a pta. the kids that I went school with lifted there skirts or shirts for the boys. I think people keep your children were they are now. some teachers are good and some aren't. I think if this school more parent and teacher communication it would be better. the teachers have been there for a long time that it looks like they hate their job.

Our Lady of Fatima School 3

Posted August 05, 2013
I have mixed feelings about the school.Love the discipline&respect they encourage towards the teachers and each other as students.Love that they don't do fundraising, however,I am concerned that the lack of fundraising is to the school's detriment.The computers are SO outdated.There are NO enrichment programs(most programs are to help the kids catch up-which doesn't look good), parental involvement is discouraged.There is a "no running" policy during recess (I feel, due to an irrational fear of liability),there are no sports teams (but have the field to do the coaching in but won't- again l think, liability fears), and there are 30+ kids in each class.ALL notes have to be hand written-NO email communication is allowed w/teachers,which I think is antiquated in this day and age.ALL notes have to go through the principal.The school could use a breath of fresh air and change in administration, as Ms.Zelic has been there far too long.They should let outside agencies (for enrichment, sports, other programs)come in(like they do for music) and offer their programs if parents are willing to pay. I would. My children speak spanish,would be nice if they offered Mandarin too and maybe French.

Posted May 01, 2013
My granddaughter attended this school. In my opinion they don't follow their Mission Statement and Philosophy.

Posted March 19, 2013
The worst experience I have ever had in my life. They do not believe that a parent must know how their kids are being scored and they cannot give a clear explanation about their method of grading.

25-38 80th St, Jackson Heights, NY  11372
Last modified Our Lady of Fatima School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Lady of Fatima School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 64 reviews. Top