Posted May 21, 2014
I love OLF and my 3 kids are there for 4 years. They learn so much more than my nieces and nephews in other schools. They really care about the kids and keep it strict. The always want the kids to be respectful of the classmates and the teachers. I see alot of teachers doing sports and clubs after school. My husband and me are so happy and also my kids.

Our Lady of Fatima School 2

Posted March 11, 2014
well... this school is okay. Most of the kids are name callers or just plain rude to their class mates. They give you detention for hugging.The technology is terrible because of old 1990 dell desktops. Many of the teachers are mean and never have a laugh in the class. They don't have gym, art room. This school is not what i thought it would be.

Posted August 28, 2013
I went to this school. I would have to say that it needs major funding. In the school there are very old dell computers. I think Ms. Zelic has been there way to long. she has been there ever since my mom has gone to sunday school. our school needs more programs. there needs to be a pta. the kids that I went school with lifted there skirts or shirts for the boys. I think people keep your children were they are now. some teachers are good and some aren't. I think if this school more parent and teacher communication it would be better. the teachers have been there for a long time that it looks like they hate their job.

Posted August 05, 2013
I have mixed feelings about the school.Love the discipline&respect they encourage towards the teachers and each other as students.Love that they don't do fundraising, however,I am concerned that the lack of fundraising is to the school's detriment.The computers are SO outdated.There are NO enrichment programs(most programs are to help the kids catch up-which doesn't look good), parental involvement is discouraged.There is a "no running" policy during recess (I feel, due to an irrational fear of liability),there are no sports teams (but have the field to do the coaching in but won't- again l think, liability fears), and there are 30+ kids in each class.ALL notes have to be hand written-NO email communication is allowed w/teachers,which I think is antiquated in this day and age.ALL notes have to go through the principal.The school could use a breath of fresh air and change in administration, as Ms.Zelic has been there far too long.They should let outside agencies (for enrichment, sports, other programs)come in(like they do for music) and offer their programs if parents are willing to pay. I would. My children speak spanish,would be nice if they offered Mandarin too and maybe French.

Our Lady of Fatima School 1

Posted May 01, 2013
My granddaughter attended this school. In my opinion they don't follow their Mission Statement and Philosophy.

Our Lady of Fatima School 1

Posted March 19, 2013
The worst experience I have ever had in my life. They do not believe that a parent must know how their kids are being scored and they cannot give a clear explanation about their method of grading.

Posted December 09, 2012
First of all, this school has a lot of programs for their students. Second, students are offered breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Third, the respect for one another is like the 1950's era. Fourth, 3 private play grounds and parking. Fifth, teachers and principal quality and leadership excel. Sixth, Speech lab and SETTS tutoring available. Seventh, Title 1 Math and Title 1 Reading available. Eight, Staff is educated and so are the parents.

Posted February 28, 2012
You get what you pay for. My DD went there for nursery, the class is dirty, the teacher said that they clean the toys there 2x a year and had 19 kids in a small class with one teacher and 2 assistents, the teacher once told me that they barely had space on the floor for nap time.That's crowded!!! If you have a strict diet for your kid, forget it! They have pastries, candies every week, if you ask them not to give it to your child, they won't, but in the other hand, it's not fair he/she doesn't have it, while everyone else gets it. But it is afordable, if you have to work and you don't have any other place to take your child to, your kid is safe and they have plenty of activities during the week.

Our Lady of Fatima School 4

Posted June 27, 2011
Our Lady of Fatima School's foundation is comprised of excellant teachers, outstanding principal leadership, challenging programs and great community involvement. The students are given guidance, knowledge and exposed to an environment that supports their freedom of expression and praises innovative thought.

Posted January 01, 2011
u will not find a better catholic school around...that is why so many children register there every year. They start educating the children when they are 3 years old and they send them off to high school at age 14 years well prepared for life. The staff is very caring and the education is great. I have sent 3 kids there and if I had more i would send them. Also, the children learn so uch about there religion, they taughrt me. Register if u can, they usually have waiting lists to get in.

Our Lady of Fatima School
25-38 80th St, Jackson Heights, NY  11372
Last modified Our Lady of Fatima School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Lady of Fatima School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 56 reviews. Top