PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (2 responses)

Our Lady of Fatima School 1

Posted May 21, 2016
Our Lady of Fatima is not a school!! It's more like a prison!! Terrible place for students to be in as well as teachers!!! Would not recommend this place to anyone!!!

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted May 21, 2016
I'd like to thank Mrs. Rosie Swartwood the school's head secretary who without her there wouldn't be a school!!! She does EVERYTHING in there!!!!! Mrs. Swartwood is compassionate, kind, sweet, helpful nurturing nature!!! She has a warm heart and just a beautiful person!!!!! She has the role of the nurse, parent, secretary, mother, she might as well be the principal!!!!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 21, 2016
The teachers are very effective! They do ALL THE WORK!!! Including the principal's work!!! The teachers work very hard!!! They give up so much of their time!!!! After school tutoring with no pay, lunch duty, after school, bus duty,, may even have to give up their prep periods because there are no substitutes to take over a class when a teacher is absent or to meetings!!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 21, 2016
The homework load is just fine.. The tests are like every other day!!! That's too much!! I don't know any place that wastes more paper than at Fatima!! There should be more hands on teaching than paper based test!!!

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted May 21, 2016
The students developed psychological problems because of the negative and restricted environment!!! The students are more like inmates that have to report to the warden!!!!

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted May 21, 2016
It depends on the student meaning if the principal likes the child... Yes.. Otherwise No!!

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted May 21, 2016
The compassion, empathy, and caring comes from Mrs. Swartwood, and the teachers.. not from the principal!!

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 21, 2016
It depends on the child and the status of the parent! If the parent supports the school financially then the child it well liked... For example: A parent donated computers to the school one year.. Their child was treated like royalty!!

Our Lady of Fatima School 5

Posted May 01, 2016
Omg what a school how could anyone not like it. We compared all the other private and catholic schools around the area and it is the best. The tuition is reasonable and they don't have any extra fees. Once my kids got there lady year I was wondering if what I heard about the school was true. I am happy it is. They really emphasize the academics and every teacher stays to help the kids who need extra help after school. Also so many of the teachers run clubs and sports for the kids. The put on great performances. Best of all we just received the scores for the state testing and old scored higher than the NY schools and even higher than the catholic schools. I am so happy my kids are back again this year. Thank you

Our Lady of Fatima School 5

Posted April 29, 2016
I love OLF and my 3 kids are there for 4 years. They learn so much more than my nieces and nephews in other schools. They really care about the kids and keep it strict. The always want the kids to be respectful of the classmates and the teachers. I see alot of teachers doing sports and clubs after school. My husband and me are so happy and also my kids. Now we know that also good academics are in the school because a few month ago we got the scores and this school did so good. We are happy still to know this is happening for our kids. Thank you to every one.

25-38 80th St, Jackson Heights, NY  11372
Last modified Our Lady of Fatima School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8