Jackson Heights, NY

Posted October 18, 2013
My daughter is 36 years old and she studied at St Joan of Arc, now her son is attending Prek-3... Education is amazing and kids learn values that help them thru their lives

Posted September 12, 2013
This is a great school. My daughter is in third grade and she loves going to school here. The teachers are wonderful and the principal is also very nice. They expect the kids to do theri work and thats great because it teaches them responsibility for their future. They dont hassle you about tuition they work different payment plans with you. I transfered my daughter from Our lady of Fatima because I felt St Joan of Arc academically is way better. I do wish they would serve lunch but other than that i have no complaints. I have recommended this school to a lot people and have not heard any complaints.

Posted July 21, 2013
The comments made about the school and principle being too strict don't make sense. My neighbor has a child going into PS 230 in September for six grade. She has to read an hour to an hour an a half a night and every night write in a reading journal book. My child is going into six grade at St. Joan's and has to read 20 to 30 minutes each night and has 4 book reports to do in July and August. I think the negative comments are from parents whose childrens are not well behaved and cause trouble and they are mad because the teacher and principle tells them. I am very happy with the school. Maybe you should go and visit to see for yours selfs.

Posted July 01, 2013
My child was in Pre-K 3 with a student whose parents would not work with the teacher, social workers, and principals. The two comments here about not to put your child in this school and how the teachers use time out too much are false. Teachers work with every child. Some children belong in special ed and this sounds like the complaints this same parent made to me when I came to pick up my child. My child was pushed by this child. The child hit the teachers, kicked them and threw a chair. When my child was almost hit, the teacher, assistant, and principal called my house to let me know what happened. The next day that same parent stopped saying hello and stopped complaining about the teachers and the school to me. A week later I heard that this child was told he could not come back. Parents don't want to hear about special ed but some of the children need a different school. St. Joan's is not a special ed school. Maybe this is why these two comments are here. I am not Catholic and have been welcomed and am very happy with the school. I feel the teachers and principals listen to my concerns. Im finally in a school where unruly kids are removed.

St. Joan of Arc Elementary School 1

Posted June 18, 2013
this is a horrible horrible i am honestly begging you to not to put your child if you love them in this school

Posted June 09, 2013
Time out is used when the teacher and assistant teacher feel the child needs to step back from a class activity. Each time a child is given a time out, the parent is notified by the teacher and given the reason in order for the child and the family to work on a specific behavioral objective. Assistant teachers earn $11,000 a year! They hold a minimum of an associate's degree and usually apply for that position in order to learn from a lead teacher who holds, at least, a bachelor's degree. Degrees of every teacher and assistant are posted on the school website. (www.sjaschoolny.com) How many schools post the degrees of their staff? It was decided by the teachers so that parents know the qualifications of the faculty. SJA School is a very structured and disciplined environment where children flourish. They appreciate the structure and arrive with huge smiles each day. Students graduate and attend challenging high schools in the public sector and private sector. Open houses are held every day of the school WITHOUT APPOINTMENT. Tours are given for any walk in. Since the school provides this, it gives a parent to see how every class is conducted. Come and visit!

Posted May 13, 2013
As a parent of present students in Pre-K 3 Mrs. M's Class and Pre-K 4 Mrs. Fitz's Class, I can only praise the teachers for their hard work and dedication to our children!

St. Joan of Arc Elementary School 2

Posted April 28, 2013
The principal is not an educator, is a dictator!! The kids of Pre k can even have a break of his so restricted rules and the professors don't have another choice to follow his rules put them time out very often to these little kids, assistants teacher don't even have vocation of teaching, just the paycheck, don't even have studied to be around kids of 3-4years old, they complained about the behavior of your son of 3 years old all year!!!

Posted October 06, 2012
I am a student from St. Joan Of Arc and I have been attending since Pre-K. I am now in 6th grade and I would like to say this is the best school for your child. Some reviews complained about the 25 book reports. We have to do these according to the government not the school. Others were upset about not having recess. I believe grades Pre-k through 3rd have recess. Another review mentioned that we don't have enough exercise and that's why we are overweight. This school is not meant to be a personal gym. We have gym once a week and we go up and down stairs A LOT. I never felt stressed out because of too much work. This school prepares you for the real world. Yes, we are very disciplined. I recommend that if you are thinking of putting your child in this school, put them in BEFORE 4th grade so they can get used to the environment and the teachers' expectations. We have special classes almost everyday such as art, music, computers, gym, and library. We learn math, science, reading, language arts, social studies, religion. In the cafeteria, we are to sit down because just imagine about 250 students roaming around a room. I hope I have answered all the questions you had in mind. :)

Posted January 09, 2012
My husband and I met with the principal, Mr. Fruner, last week and we have to say that we were quite impressed with the school. The children in all of the grades, are very polite and disciplined. They seemed very interested in their school work. The children stand up to greet adults and use words such as "thank you," and "please," even the little ones. No disrespectful brats here! Mr Fruner patiently answered all of our questions (and we had many). This is the kind of discipline that one needs to be successful in life. We decided that our children will attend this school in the fall. -Mr. and Mrs. Farhat

St. Joan of Arc Elementary School
3527 82nd St, Jackson Heights, NY  11372
Last modified St. Joan of Arc Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Joan of Arc Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top