Posted May 01, 2014
P.S. 222 is an excellent school with a warm and caring staff and administration. My child is enrolled in the dual language program which is fantastic. My only issue is with the current Kindergarden dual language teacher who needs to brush up on communication and personal interaction skills. Despite this, the kids flourish and I would still recommend this program to parents. Parents will also be very pleased with Ms. Silva, the pre-K dual (excellent!!!) as will as Mr. Jason, music, Ms. Basta, gym, as well as the Mr. B. Hope this was helpful.

Posted October 29, 2013
Elementary School starting Kindergarten thru second grade. School Emphasis in writing. Principal is always present from greeting the children in the morning til they leave the school. They have a strict rule of "No Bullying" which they enforce. They care for every child to help their needs in education. Great teamwork! Parents are involved.

Ps 222 Fire Fighter Christopher A Santora School 4

Posted June 04, 2013
My twins didn't knew a word of English now they have a decent command of English knowledge more than enough to satisfy my expectations. Spelling and understanding of words are not to mention. Not just this they also know how to add and subtract in small numbers which I think is great achievement for any kindergarten kids. I have friends in my work place NJ they have complimented the development in my kids. I am more than happy sending my kids to PS 222 which is the second home to my twins. I have no complaint with this school. It just shows how the Principal and Teachers of this school care about their students. No one is perfect so I would give 4 star review for PS222 and leaving 1star room for improvement.

Posted April 30, 2013
This school is a neighborhood gem - it has far exceeded our expectations. The principal is open and warm, and listens to parents' concerns and has even responded to me via email in the wee hours of the night. It is a small, tight knit community of Spanish speaking and English speaking parents - and there has been more involvement via working and non working parents who have volunteered on movie nights, math nights, purchased a stage, painted stage back drops, pushed for more arts. My son is in the dual language program and the teachers are phenomenal ... getting creative despite the new state demands for what kids have to absorb even at the K-2nd grade level. Jackson Heights is a best kept secret - now this school and my son's accelerated yet creative learning environment just makes this an even better neighborhood to be part of.

Ps 222 Fire Fighter Christopher A Santora School 1

Posted April 27, 2012
I had to take out of that school my child because of this teacher and her way to treat the kids. My child got sick there. The principal does nothing. She does not listen to parents. This teacher shouldn't be there anymore. All parents complaint about her. But for the principal all parents are wrong. My child speaks, reads and writes Spanish fluently, but I don't know how she put 1 on my child's report card... UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!

Ps 222 Fire Fighter Christopher A Santora School 3

Posted January 31, 2012
Pre-K teachers Ms Skopelitis and Miss A are wonderful but they need to fire the police woman at the front desk. She isa power tripper w/no manner and has anger issues. The principle Yvonne is a bit patronizing but the jurys still out on her.

Posted October 20, 2011
This is a great school, excellent teachers, friendly and warm environment, the principal is very dedicated and devoted:) I'm very happy that my daughter is studying there. It's a wonderful School!

Posted November 01, 2010
This is a wonderful School that has so many great programs and extra help for students. Would highly recommend this school! Very dedicated teachers and principal.

Ps 222 Fire Fighter Christopher A Santora School 4

Posted April 25, 2009

Ps 222 Fire Fighter Christopher A Santora School 0

Posted February 05, 2008
I don't care for this school at all. My daughter went there for pre-k and I never fet welcomed by the principal. The teachers were very friendly. I would not recommend this school.

Ps 222 Fire Fighter Christopher A Santora School
86-15 37th Ave, Jackson Heights, NY  11372
Last modified Ps 222 Fire Fighter Christopher A Santora School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2
Ps 222 Fire Fighter Christopher A Santora School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top