Posted October 02, 2014
This school is great but I do have to say there are some flaws in the school. I don't like the rule for not allowing cellphones to step one foot in the building. What if there was an emergency my son wouldn't have his phone! Otherwise very good school!

Hillcrest High School 5

Posted September 02, 2014
it is an amazing school and I recommend it to a lot of people. people who think its bad s crazy

Posted January 20, 2014
I have nothing to say but to ask God to help everyone who has anything to do with this school. I'm attending this this because there's no way out for me but I would escape this jail in a heart beat if i could. I would advice everyone and anyone to not go there! Worst school in the history of mankind. This school will never improve no matter what!

Posted December 03, 2013
This school is actually pretty good. The teachers are very helpful and kind to you. Yeah there's a little problem with the metal detectors once in a while which can be overcrowded and it makes you late to class. But other than that everything if fine you just have to be selective of your group of friends and you'll be fine.

Posted November 21, 2013
This school is horrible. I felt like I signed a cellphone contract with this school. There are anyflexibility and their are not many choices sometimes. The school won't be a place to help you through your struggles. Most teachers grade you with no rubric. Its a surprise. Biased to be. I can't wait till my "contract" ends in June. I liked my experience with some teachers who helped me. But all in all this school is not a first choice aspect.

Posted February 14, 2013
This school and it's principle puts band before education and excuses ahead problems! God forbid you try and take your child out of marching band to allow them more time to study after school because your theatened with pulling your child out of all band programs. And it doesn't matter that your child makes A's and B's in all other classes and one teacher gives everyone zero's. they have an excuse for that to! Don't get me wrong Hillcrest has good teachers but the principal needs some principles!

Posted January 02, 2012
Hillcrest High School is an okay school (6/10). I attend Hillcrest High School and it is not the best. The classes are unorganized. The Honor classes are mixed up. They put very low average students in the class and the smart kids are in the regular classes. There are metal detectors and it may be smart, but it's not. Students sneak it in anyway possible. The school is okay when it comes to teachers. The staff aren't great. They literally curse at you and will punish you harshly. For example, no I.D. you will get suspended. You don't have a schedule, your going to get suspended. The school is very different in ethnicity. Its 55% black, 35%Asian (Muslim) 10%Hispanic. The halls are sometimes clean. You can find burgers on the stairs. if you spill something on Friday, you're going to see it on Monday. The halls are always crowded. There are always fights in the cafeterias.(3rd & 4th). There are about 8 SLC's or Academies. Out of all the best are the Pre-Med and Business and Tech SLC. The schedules are very unorganized. The kids aren't from the same SLC's. Its very mixed. When applying for H.S, you should avoid this H.S. If you live close to the school, go at least to Thomas Edison HS

Hillcrest High School 3

Posted September 11, 2011
the school itself is okay it has alot of classes and smaller academy's to chose from but there are a few students in it that make it a very uneasy place personally i wouldn't send my kid there and i can't wait until i graduate next year

Posted April 23, 2010
they are a dedicated and hard working school. i really think they are doing great.

Posted November 13, 2009
My daughter is a freshman in the Pre-Med Academy. So far she loves it! I met her teachers at parent teacher conference and I was impressed. Her Science teachers- Earth and Chemistry are very supportive and are always looking for new ways for the students to learn.

Hillcrest High School
160-05 Highland Ave, Jamaica, NY  11432
Last modified Hillcrest High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hillcrest High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top