Posted October 01, 2013
PS 30 is truly a committed school. Despite the changes in NYC schools and the current phase out status, teachers and staff still strive to provide a quality education and promote academic excellence. There are even knew innovative programs and smart boards in each classroom this year to support those efforts. PS 30 perseveres.

Ps 30 1

Posted April 28, 2011
Im and disgusted and disappointed with this school. I cant seem to get an answer as to why im just finding out my son needed extra help and was not provided that. His teacher seems to be never available and no callbacks from the school yet. I think if you are going to be a teacher make sure its due to your passion and not your vacation and pockets. I know this school is doomed to close and im feeling like some of the staff gave up or did not put in their full effort to make sure each child was on the same level esp being in the same class. Its a disgrace and my child will not be going back there next year. I regret sending him there in the 1st place. Angry Mother here and I try to help but im not a TEACHER!!!!!

Posted May 12, 2010
I love PS 30 because my child likes the school. Everyday he comes home he has something positive to say about his teachers and his other classmates. He is always learning and enjoys the teaching as well. He knows his entire teachers name and when he talks about them his eyes have joy in them.

Posted July 21, 2009
This school has changed since the new appointed principle Mr. Crowder. I know first hand because I had an older child going to PS 30 under former principle, Dr. Tyson. But now I see Mr. Crowder walking up and down the school building, greeting the parents and the students. He always seems to know what is going on in the school. He is also very helpful when it comes to questions and services needed by the parents. This school also has a large group of wonderful teachers. They are lovely, caring and respectful. They show that they really care about their students. My child when to Pre-k and Kindergarten and he enjoyed his stay. At this time, I could say proudly that my child likes going to school due to PS 30 great teacher, in saying this, 30 keep up the excellent work.

Posted March 28, 2008
I have taught at PS 30 for a number of years and I am happy to say that the appointed principal, Dwayne Crowder, has made outstanding improvements in his short time here. The discipline that had previously fallen to the wayside has improved. Student achievement is on the rise, and parents are invited to the school on a regular basis to bridge the gap between school and home. Mr. Crowder is a positive role model for all students who attend this school. On a typical day he is seen throughout the building interacting with students, teachers, and parents. If there is garbage on the floor, he will be the first one to pick it up. The morale of teachers is on the rise as well. I am excited to be a part of a school on the upswing.

Posted June 22, 2007
As a teacher at PS 30, I realize that our school is not perfect but we certainly do not live in a perfect world nor is the Department of Education perfect. It takes a balance of home and school to make sure our children are educated and well-rounded. There are many parents of my students who I have never met. I have been working at PS 30 for 11 years and that is just unacceptable. We all need to be accountable and it begins at home, in my opinion. We all must work harder to ensure academic success for our children.

Ps 30 1

Posted May 28, 2007
This school is the worst. The Principal, Assistant Principals, staff and teachers only talk to parents when they have something negative to say about your child. They never have anything positive to say. They let the bullies rule the school. The good, smart and wrongfully accused kids are never praised but punished. The PTA is a disgrace. This school needs a complete overhaul.

Ps 30 3

Posted September 07, 2006
I have a student who is in the 2nd Grade at this school. She was put into a class with 2 wonderful teachers, Ms. Nobile and Mrs. Trupunsky. My daughter is reading and writing on her own. She is now in another class with 2 teachers. This is how students win with more teachers or a regular teacher and an aide to assist our children can win. I would like to see this school with an afterschool program to assist those students interested in after school help and it also helps the parents who have no aftercare because the city has closed so any of these programs for our children HELP PS 30

Posted January 12, 2006
I have three children attending PS 30. They were homeschooled first and I was afraid that they would have a hard time adjusting to the chaos that I had heard about in the public schools. I was pleasantly surprised at their adjustment and at the attentiveness of the staff and especially Dr. Tyson to the children's success in the learning process. I find the teachers aware and attentive to the problems and addressing them promptly. Thank you PS 30 for educating my children!

Posted December 03, 2005
- a former student
I was very happy with my education at this school. The teachers really cared, and gave us personal attention whenever they could. The music teacher was the best.

Ps 30
126-10 Bedell St, Jamaica, NY  11434
Last modified Ps 30 is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 30 Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top