9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

This is not a school for any student with difficulties learning. They will fall by the wayside.

This school is all about the grades and not about the development of young women on a whole. Bullying, alienation and judgment occur on a constant basis. If you're not in the "in crowd", you can forget it. It will lower your self esteem and create more problems for a developing young lady. As a Catholic school, there is no real love or compassion for ALL of the girls, only for the ones that are performing at a high level academically. Anyone who struggles academically or who is not the norm will not thrive in this type of environment. Every girl strives to be an A student but when you fall short of that goal here and you are struggling, you are no longer afforded the quality experience that you would expect to receive after paying for a program that is supposed to nurture and accept you even if you have flaws.

An absolute misery. Bullying is rampant here. The administration small minded. If your child is in any way unconventional stay far far away from this "school". It will damage their self esteem and do more harm than good. The idea that removing boys from the equation helps young women thrive is specious at best. I found this institution to be very damaging. At Mary Louis I was constantly demeaned and insulted and developed a lifelong depression and anxiety disorder. Stay away

I am a graduate of TMLA (1981) and only have fond memories of my time at Mary Louis. At TMLA not only did I a learn but I also built friendships that have lasted over 30 years. Thanks in part to TMLA I have a very rewarding career along with a loving family. I hate to tell the girls who have written reviews that mention bullying, unfortunately it existed back then and it exits today. Bullying is a word that is frequently used, however, I would like to know how exactly they define it, just like the reviewer who wrote that girls are clinically depressed. To write these words without knowing their real meaning truly sounds like sour grapes on their part. The prior reviewer mentions her not fitting the "mold" and being different and being penalized for this. Once again, it sounds like sour grapes. My parents always told me, the school does not make you, you make the school. I only hope my daughter chooses TMLA when she attends high school next year. I was extremely impressed with the Open House I attended this past October and was thrilled to see how competitive TMLA is with other local high schools and how they have managed to keep the TMLA spirit alive.

This school has caused myself, and many other people I know to become clinically depressed. A star student in elementary school, I was an extremely good learner and I was well-liked among the administration and faculty. However, in mary louis, I realized that anyone who does not fit the mold that the administration wants, will be consistently denied the right to be who she is. It is a stifling environment and if you are in any way not average or normal ,including the music you listen to, the kind of person you are, grade-wise, ANYTHING, do not go here. It was the absolute worst 4 years of my life and I cannot say more to deter someone from going to this ridiculously overrated school. There is rampant bullying and alienation from other girls. The bullying is sometimes passive, from not including people to outright taking things from ones locker and throwing them out or stealing them, it all occurs here with no recognition from the administration. The stress of classes is awful as well, from constant barraging from faculty to take honors and AP courses, even if you might not be ready. For the sake of your daughter, choose another school.

My daughter just finished freshman year. She won a New York City and Diocesan Championship. Was involved in school spirit activities. Was enrolled in all honors classes and did amazing academically. She has made more friends in one year then she did in all of her previous years of schooling. I absolutely love this school. It is academically rigorous but the school provides so much help and support, all you have to do is ask and they will do everything they can to make sure you succeed. I highly recommend this school to everyone.

My daughter now suffers from depression because of this school. This school is going downhill and has the worst administration I've ever seen.

I passed my courses and this school still forced me to go to summer school because they didn't like my grades. It was literally money thrown in the garbage.

Learned more here then college. Build true friends for life. A sister-hood and Builds confidence for a woman to build,dream and achieve anything she see her mind To in life.

I am an alum of TMLA. I cannot say enough about this school. I am not a pharmacist. Thanks to the fabulous and relevant education at Mary Louis, I flew through a difficult college program with flying colors, making Dean's List and being inducted in the pharmacy honor society. I now live out of state. If I lived in NY, my daughter would definitely be attending Mary Louis. I have fond memories of my 4 years and I would highly recommend this school and its caring faculty

Last modified The Mary Louis Academy is a Private school that serves grades 9-12