PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted June 28, 2013
This is a wonderful school. Excellent teacher to student ratio. Caring nurturing and safe learning environment. Extracurricular activities including a performing orchestra, dance, drama and Art just to name a few! The Principal is very approachable & addresses any concerns no matter how big or small head on! We love St DEMETRIOS Jamaica Day School!!

Posted June 27, 2013
A hidden oasis, wonderful school and staff. loving environment. Great staff and small class size gives our children more attention from the teacher.

Posted June 25, 2013
Great staff and hard-working Principal and PTA. You feel an immense sense of community and family. I graduated in 1995 and still consider this school my secnod home.

Posted June 25, 2013
This is such a fantastic school! Small classrooms, with teachers that really care. My child has been coming here for the past 2 years, and she absolutely loves it. The principal is a very hard working, caring and hands on type of principal.

Posted June 25, 2013
Such a unique and wonderful school! The caring and nurturing environment really stands out. I feel at ease knowing that my children are in such great hands. The educational experiences offered are priceless!

Posted June 20, 2013
My daughter entered this school mid 7th grade. She was attending her local Junior high school M.S.217. The principal at M.S. 217 was uncaring and did not attend to concerns I had over my daughter being bullied. I exhausted all public school options. I decided to enroll her here. What a difference! The kids are sweet, parents help each other and it s a safe family like environment. She has friends and has never been bothered or bullied at all. She s excited every morning to go to school as opposed to crying as she was in her old school. This school offers a great music program. You can call any time and most times the principal answers the phone and takes care of any concern you may have right away. I don t understand why more parents in the neighborhood don t enroll their kids here. I could never allow my daughter to go back into our neighborhood public school after the difference in her I ve seen at JDS. Being a single mother I was scared about the tuition. The tuition is low. If you have a two parent household it should even be easier to pay. It s worth it. I love this school!

Posted June 19, 2013
My daughter has been attending St. Demetrios for the past 3 years. The teachers and faculty are loving and dedicated to the success of each student. The Principal knows each student by name. It is a multicultural diversified nurturing environment. My children are not greek but attend this school. Religion is not mandatory however they do learn greek. It's been great having my daughter teach me a new language. Because of their small class sizes they are able to give your child individualized attention guaranteeing success. Graduates from this year have moved onto exceptional High Schools (i.e., Stuyvesant, Molly HS, St. Johns and St. Francis Prep). This school has been a hidden gem in our community compared to area schools which are overcrowded and falling apart. In addition they have an exceptional music orchestra program. Many of these programs have been cut out of schools due to the lack of funding. My daughter is excited to learn the violin this year (included in the already manageable tuition). Don't wait too long, they cap out their class sizes at a maximum of 20 students...good luck finding that anywhere these days!!

Posted June 19, 2013
Jamaica Day School of St. Demetrios is a blessing in disguise. My kids have scaled academic heights since being associated with this educational excellence. The Principal is not only the leader but a mentor for the kids. She is a Gem. Under her leadership and with a team of brilliant teachers I am so proud to have my kids enjoy a positive environment to excel in their academic future. The orchestra, activities, small class sizes and a healthy environment makes this school out of the ordinary.

Posted May 10, 2013
My school is an excellent school. I have wonderful, caring , loving , professional and very knowledgeable teachers and staff working in our school. We offer a very safe environment for your children. We are a big family here at Jamaica day School and I welcome you and your children to be a part of our family too. Please come by anytime and talk with me and take a tour of our school. Sincerely, Mrs. Evthoxia Panos Principal

Jamaica Day School of St. Demetr 4

Posted February 03, 2012
great school with great students, well behave stusents, teachers are helpful, everyone is like a big family

Jamaica Day School of St. Demetr
84-35 152nd St, Jamaica, NY  11432
Last modified Jamaica Day School of St. Demetr is a Private school that serves grades PK-8