K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted April 06, 2016
I would not recommend this school. Local public schools have a stronger academic program. Tuition goes up 5% every year.

United Nations International School 2

Posted April 06, 2016
the school's teachers are amazing! my son has been at the Queens campus since kindergarten and he loves it. this is the ONLY reason I continue to pay their astronomical tuition. the administration is HORRIBLE and incompetent at best and downright negligent and biased at worst. most parents are cliquish and arrogant believing themselves superior. in general as a parent the service is atrocious. this comment does NOT pertain to the hard working, dedicated and extremely responsive teachers. they are gems while the principal and rest of administration is a nightmare.

Posted February 09, 2016
My child is in kindergarten at the Manhattan campus and we could not love this school more. He is taught good values, encouraged to think creatively, as well the usual kindergarten curriculum. Teachers are supportive and experienced and the administration really makes an effort to keep things running smoothly. On the few occasions I have engaged with teachers or an admin staff, my issues have been treated with utmost concern and quickly resolved.

Posted January 20, 2015
Very unsatisfactory and poorly managed school for its whopping amount of fee charged. The quality of service is extremely bad and have no basic standards in any way.. AVOID.. AVOID.. AVOID

Posted November 08, 2014
we had a very bad experience with this school and staff. We had to pull our kids out of this school which is a painful process as well. Administration and staff are very unfriendly, arrogant and incompetent

Posted October 26, 2014
We sent our kids to this school in Queens campus, which is our biggest mistake in our life. They are bright and active students turned less motivated, lazy, not interested in learning. We were unable to understand the reason at first. When we spoke to the teachers and principal, they acted like as if it is not their concern if the kids are not doing well. They are like they have other headaches to worry, like asking for more donations, building new sites. At the end, it turned out it is the school, not our kids that are bad. We switched them to another school and in less than 2 months they are back on track doing very well. If this helps other parents, we would be very grateful.

Posted September 20, 2014
UNIS Queens is awesome, I have been attending this school for 9 years (K-8) and i have always gotten a very welcoming at home feeling here. All the teachers are super intelligent, kind, and are always supportive. At UNIS Queens, we are like a big family. With only about 200 people attending everyone from kindergarden to 8th grade knows each other. This year i am in 8th grade (therefore i am the oldest) but as child at UNIS i always felt like i had someone to look up to, just because each student was super friendly and well rounded. In this school no one is ever left out or bullied. Our school is very diverse and everyday you seem to come home with a new piece of information about a country because someone always has something to share. Next year i am going to high school and i feel like UNIS has taught me everything and more that i need to know during high school. To conclude, i have had the most wonderful time at UNIS, it is an astonishing school.

Posted February 07, 2014
I am not sure if this is a school I would like my son to study at! I tried to register my son in the school and I was astonished with the process: 1) They asked me which department at the UN I work for which sounds very weird to me because I am not sure what this has to do with the admission. 2) I was not given a clear indication on whether he is admitted or no! 3) The admission persons acted very snobbish and I thought I have to bow to get the application processed! Stories I heard from parents having their kids in the school are not really very nice, they mentioned that the culture among students are like: what is the grade of your father? P or G? which is not the type of values I would like to see my kids growing up with.

Posted February 04, 2014
I can not find the Manhattan campus here, but it applies there. Fantastic schol idea and principles (internationalism, UN affiliation, all of that), but that's where the positive aspects halt. Administration is weak, the people have absolutely no idea what they are doing. 90% of New York's public schools are run in a more organized and logical/rational manner than this private school you would assume would be superior. Despicable administration. Just an abomination. Raising tuition for no tangible results. Extremely unhappy children here - some developing anxiety issues, depression, etc. Teachers are horrifyingly not understanding and don't care about students' success'. They cater to the top of classes and refuse to modify their teaching habits for those who may not follow them as well. Some pressure is, of course, acceptable, and necessary. After all, it is school. Though at times it is unfair how much is expected. Absolutely no thought is given to the mental well-being of students. Overall, great general idea and environment in theory, but not worth the money and obscene stress it will cause your child.

Posted October 03, 2013
It is good school I love this school ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

United Nations International School
173-53 Croydon Road, Jamaica, NY  11432
Last modified United Nations International School is a Private school that serves grades K-8