Posted May 02, 2014
This is a great school and i would recommend it to other people. They work very well with children i give it 5 stars.

A New Dawn Elementary School 4

Posted July 20, 2013
Ms. Joy is doing a wonderful job for the student community at New Dawn Elementary School. The students have full academic schedules and Ms. Joy employs a well-educated, professional staff that delivers quality and intimate instruction in small group settings, which is ideal for learning. At New Dawn, students experience academic success, as the small class sizes allow for differentiated instruction and individual attention, as needed. New Dawn also hosts many social activities for the students, that provide opportunities for students to hone their social skills. As a previous teacher at the school, I just want to thank you, Ms. Joy for giving me the opportunity to get back into the game of 'teaching"; after taking time off to finish my Masters Degree in Education. It was a really positive experience as I grew stronger in my teaching skills and watched my students increase their literacy and reading skills. I truly loved the students, liked the office staff and liked Ms. Joy as a person, as well as a supervisor. Ms. Joy, Keep your vision alive for the community...you are very much needed and are making a difference. Best wishes and much love.

Posted November 16, 2011
When so many private schools are closing due to lack of enrollment A New Dawn Elementary School has managed to weather the storm. for 18 years. They must be doing something right. My daughter is receiving a quality education is this caring environment. Her social skills are developing nicely due to her involvement in the music art and drama classes offered by the school. I am so glad that I made the choice to send her to A New Dawn she is learning well and is always happy to go to school before she attend this school she attended two other private schools. I am very impress by the program and the respect and the attitude of the staff towards parents. The only thing that this school needs is bigger space so they can have a gym. The children needs more space to play although there is a park not far from the school a gym would certainly make a difference. I just received my daughter's first report card. I am a proud parent today.

Posted November 10, 2011
This school has a high standard of education and discipline. I appreciate the fact that parents are involved with the education and gentle but effective disciplinary methods used in the school. The curriculum is well rounded. I appreciate the small class sizes and one on one attention that my child receives. I know that this school has zero tolerance for disruspect and rude behavior from adults which is so necessary in an environment when young children are nurtured. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND A New Dawn Elementary School and its professional staffs to anyone seeking quality education, care and a sincere sense of community for young children.

Posted August 24, 2011
My son is currently a student with A New Dawn. I truly believe all my research paid off. I am extremely happy with the methods, concern, and caring of this "village." It is great not to be overly worried about where and how your child will be before and after school. The option of having a short day, long day, or extended day is great. In addition, you know your child is getting a quality education, one on one help if needed, and the cost is affordable.

A New Dawn Elementary School 1

Posted June 03, 2011
Where can i possibly start.... I have had several experiences with this school. The Director has the right concept for this school but the she has the wrong approach and wrong staff. Staff do not get along, tend to be mean to the children 2 yrs - 12 yrs. Children need to be treated with love and not yells and punishments. Perhaps this is a concept that is learned from the Director, Ms. Joy, since she should set the example and teach her staff to be nicer to the students. At the beginning administration staff seem very nice and caring but as soon as you are enrolled in that school it all changes and the Director will not even speak to you unless you catch her in a good day (which is rare). For some reason the children that come to this school are bright but they do not get the learning and attention they need here. Hopefully the staff become nicer and patient and the Director becomes understanding and caring, only then I would take my child back to this school. I've had horrible experiences with this school but maybe now things have changed, I don't guarantee it tho. For those of you that are considering sending your child to this school please make be aware.

A New Dawn Elementary School 1

Posted May 23, 2011
Teachers are wonderful with students! I really believe that this school should be for pre-k and k only! The 1st thru 5th graders need more interaction with children their age. Principal and office staff are horrible with communication regarding children! I am pulling my child out and putting her in Incarnation next school term.

Posted August 04, 2010
Dear Ms. Joy, thank you again for your encouragement with Lloyd and Beryl. Lloyd, through your guidance is now a well respected young man. He is now excelling as a Junior in High School. He has grown into a refined young man. Beryl attended your summer programs in which she honed her reading skills. When Beryl first came to you, she was shy and withdrawn. You would never believe her now to be a well rounded and focused young lady. She is confident and tries to do her ultimate best. I owe that to your continued commitment to our children. The family applauds New Dawn Elementary School through your leadership for the fine work you did with Lloyd and Beryl. God bless you and your staff. You are doing a wonderful service. Yours truly, Beryl Roberts

Posted July 23, 2010
To Ms. Joy McLaughlin, Thank you for being the basis of my children's educational development. Two of my children were enrolled through their formative years in A New Dawn. The personal attention, quality education and discipline as well as the well rounded and caring teachers that my children encountered at A New Dawn have enabled them to become well rounded young men. The discipline of hard work that was instilled early in their years caused them to make easy transitions, both are honor students. They have a love for music that was introduced to them while students at A New Dawn. I cannot "Thank You" enough for the love and care that you provided my sons over the years. Continue to influence the boys and girls of our community. They need more schools and Principals like you who care about the full development of the student. God Bless! Faye

Posted July 19, 2010
I would like to thank , A New Dawn Elementary, for providing my son with an excellent and well rounded elementary school education. He has just completed his second year of college. The principal and all of the teachers gave him a solid academic foundation but most importantly, provided the perfect environment for him to succeed. As a parent, what I most appreciated was that all of the values, morals, and character traits that I taught him were echoed in both your program and in the teachers. I always knew that I left him in great hands. Once again thank you for providing my son with quality education! Ms. Adrienne Whaley

A New Dawn Elementary School
89-14 163rd Street, Jamaica, NY  11432
Last modified A New Dawn Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-3
A New Dawn Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top