No rating

Archbishop Molloy High School

Private | 9-12 | 1544 students

Living in Jamaica

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $280,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,370.

Posted October 11, 2014

Very sorry I sent my child to Molloy, He went on full scholarship to the school. He had great marks, no discipline problems, but very I was very upset with the quality of teaching and the lack of a Christian atmosphere in the school. The Open House is a "show" and not the everyday life at Molloy. My next child will definitely be attending another Catholic High School in Queens.

Posted October 1, 2014

Great school. I graduated back in 2010 and I felt the school provided a great foundation and education for my development. The school, at least when I went there, had good teachers, good counselors, good clubs/after school activities, and good facilities. I know that some people have said that the school didn't prepare them for college, but that experience is not the same for everyone. I am 2.5 years away from graduating medical school and I felt that Molloy prepared me well for my undergraduate courses. Like anywhere, you get what you put in. If you go there and don't want to be there, don't talk to anyone, or don't pursue your own education, your not going to learn as much as you can and you won't like it. The review about the parent complaining about the lack of parent chaperones for 9th graders was pretty funny though. There are kids in NYC that commute by themselves by the sixth grade!

Posted May 27, 2014

Archbishop Molloy is a High School which is operated by Marist Brothers (A Catholic Order). The school embodies education in academics and in life. Archbishop Molloy is a school that offers a challenging curriculum , a competitive sports program , voulunteer groups and plenty of extra curriculum activities. Archbishop Molly teaches its students how to become critical thinkers in life which will allow our future leaders the ability to make a positive impact on our society.

Posted April 19, 2014

My daughter didn't love it here but she was safe and got a good education during her 4 years. Some teachers should not be there, like the art teacher who doesn't believe in God? The Science teacher who imitates a Jerry Springer show for DNA testing? The English teacher who allows cursing in a play? And it's time for some, like the old chemestry teacher to retire. I felt disconnected from my child from the start. They don't allow parent chaparones in 9th grade - like in grammer school for dances - yet they allow inappropriate dancing. Those are negative memories. The positive memories are the activities to promote school spirit i.e basketball games, international day, apparel - great assistance for college search and application. There are some quality teachers who are engaging and connect wtih the students in friendly appropriate ways, some interesting classes and clubs. If your lucky to be in the AP classes, you'll do great for college acceptances, spiritual growth opportunities via mass services - although I think they coudl do more in the area of engaging students to practice the faith. The reputation of Molloy is still good. Hopefully it will continue to earn it.

Posted December 16, 2013

The school community is second to none and the athletics are top notch. However, as a science major, I was very unprepared for college having graduated from this school. Also, there should be more AP classes available to students. Overall Molloy is a good school and I enjoyed my four years there thoroughly, but it is perhaps not the best for college prep. Especially for all you science students out there.

Posted October 29, 2013

have the grades for Molloy will put down St. Francis prep as their first choice to ensure they male a school. That is not to say St Francis Prep is not a good school. They do have some advantages but Molloy is clearly a step above. The Sports program is also second to none and have had nationaly ranked Baseball and Basketball teams with many players turning professional. The soccer program is also one of the best in the City ranking as high as #2 recently out of all Public and City Highschools in the City. As far as having clicks this can be said for every highschool. I have kids that came from a local Grammar School along with 8 other kids from their class and they naturally stick together as they have know each other since preschool and travel together. The school does have many sports teams and clubs that the kids can join which will help in making friends if that is a concern.

Posted October 26, 2013

The quality of students is going down since the school wants the enrollment #s to stay open.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 27, 2013

I have no idea what the last reviewer is talking about. I am a junior at Molloy and love it. Teachers are amazing!!!! Students are not clickish at ALL! Love this school and would highly recommend!!!!!!! Yikes no Prep, the fun house of Queens ?? Two girlfriends of mine attend and said the "mean girls" are EVERYWHERE!!!!

Posted August 15, 2013

Molloy is trying to be the St Francis Prep of Queens. Don't be fooled at their Open House. The teachers are unapproachable and the other students have attitudes. There are major clicks throughout the school regarding those in clubs and sports teams. Worst decision I ever made to select Molloy, regardless of my scholarship discount, over the other Catholic High Schools in Queens. We were definitely fooled at the Open House.

Posted December 10, 2012

One of the best decisions of my life was to attend Molloy. Although I graduated in 1971, I still have great friends from my class and other classes, as well as among the faculty from that time. I have been involved for most of my years since graduating in some aspect or other. I have been involved in Catholic education for almost 30 years, mostly as an administrator; I have always looked to Molloy as the way things should be done. Excellent in every way - that has not changed. Kudos to all who work hard to make it a place "not for school but for life."

Posted November 28, 2012

I graduated from Molloy in 1968. I tell people all the time that I did not learn anything new in college until my third year. I made friendships that have lasted a lifetime. There is a group of 15 or so of us that have a reunion every other year and the Stanners come from all across the country to attend. I will be having dinner with a group of 7 or us from the NYC area in two weeks. I can't say enough about the education and culture of Archbishop Molloy.

Posted September 20, 2010

I have just recently joined the stanner family. I am part of the class of 2014. My first week of school was so warm and inviting. I relised that there was no freshman Friday or bullying of any sort. The seniros where atcually very friendly. The curiclumum is very hard and that there is no chance of academic survival if you do not ask questions and participate in class. I can say this from a first hand perspective. The guidence counselers are very nice and very trustworthy. They trive to make your life easier which is very comforting at times. It is just a giant postive learning and developing school. You make friends for life and you also get prepared for the life ahead of you. The teachers are very professional and qre also very understanding. I would recomnnd this school anyday, even on my deathbed.

Posted November 3, 2009

As an alumnus, I know the academic and athletic programs are second to none.

Posted October 1, 2009

My dad, sister, and brother went here. It's an incredibly great school. The teachers are experienced and the students are nice people. The teachers are cool because they're the kind of teachers you can take advice from or joke around with. Go here. It's a great school.

Posted September 20, 2009

Great teachers, diverse students, and a cool atmosphere.

Posted September 20, 2009

The people at Molloy are so great, students and teachers alike. It's a really inclusive environment and a great place to be.

Posted January 28, 2009

I'm a student at molloy and it is the best school ever!!

Posted October 21, 2008

I am an aunt of a freshman. She loves everything about the school. She is currently a member of the volleyball team, and has made many friends. She's extremely happy she chose Molloy over another elite parochial HS. Eventhough she received comparable scholarships for both parocial HS, Molloy offered her more in the sciences field.

Posted October 4, 2008

I love this school. all the students are just so disciplined! it's quite challenging, especially when you're in honors classes, but the teachers help you get through it all. there is a variety of sports and clubs to join, including my favorite, the drama club. Honestly, Molloy looks like it's better than Stuyvesant, and I think it is!

Posted May 18, 2008

i love this school so much. it's very challenging, but the students are incredibly friendly. the teachers are top notch. the academic work can be difficult, but if you stay focused, you will excel. molloy is truly the best high school.

Asian 18% N/A
Two or more races 5% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 6%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

College readiness and student pathways

Students typically attend these schools prior to attending this school Catholic Elementary Schools in the Diocese of Brooklyn
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• (718) 849-8251

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Accelerated credit learning
  • Honors track
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Foreign languages taught
  • Italian
  • Spanish

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Brooklyn

Dress Code
  • Uniforms

Apply now

What are your chances?

Students typically come from these schools
Catholic Elementary Schools in the Diocese of Brooklyn