Posted November 23, 2014
York Early College Academy, prepares students to be able to be Successful in the High School Courses, and be College Ready by the time they graduate High School.

York Early College Academy 1

Posted November 20, 2014
As a graduate I have to say that this school fails at almost every turn.. Building is cramped and decrepit. Once a tile from the ceiling almost fell on me. They fail to provide crucial information about college despite being an Early College school. At time the information given by a staff member would conflict with another's. No one bothered to tell us that the math placement test could only be taken once in CUNY, despite forcing me to take it. They once changed what college classes we'd be taking during the year, meaning people who thought they had another year to take the regents were screwed over. They gave us classes like Astronomy which did not help us at all. Despite saying that they are welcome to feedback from students at certain times, the administration will turn hostile if you try to talk to them about an issue you have with something. I feel like I wasted years of my life for no reason. The only good thing about this school is that the teachers that manage to summon the willpower to stay more than one year are pretty great. Roa, Shiv, Georgas, Grandhcamps, Gordon, ect. Ditch Angeles and you'd make things a lot better..

Posted October 14, 2014
My daughter just started 6th Grade at YECA and is amazing to see the quality of education she is getting. I will recommend this school to anyone looking for a great school to send their children

York Early College Academy 4

Posted July 23, 2014
Yeca is a wonderful school. We are truly blessed to have this school in our community. The principal, teachers and staff are caring and work extremely hard for the students and families. The fact that we have the opportunity to earn 60 college credits makes our learning environment a challenge. Yes, the work is hard but nothing is without hard work and sacrifice. I would recommend this school to any one who is serious and ready for a challenge. Thumbs up to YECA!!

Posted January 21, 2014
YECA is a phenomenal school! I am an eight grader and I have been attending YECA since the 6th grade. The teachers are very dedicated and committed to their job of helping and working with students. Also, the kids are very easy to get along with... we are like one big family. Plus, you have the chance of graduating with 60 college credits, which is basically about two years of college for free. The only thing that's a con is the fact that we share a building with two other schools. Also, it sucks that we have summer academy, but its worth the college credits. All in all, I recommend this school for any child that is serious about his/her education and that wants a bright future.

Posted November 26, 2010
i like this school very much the staff are very helpful to you and you get involved in the school very well i really like this school

York Early College Academy 0

Posted December 06, 2009
Good lessons and important notes to take down

Posted October 24, 2009

York Early College Academy 0

Posted October 20, 2009
i wanted to read your school.If i need to take admission what do i have to do.

Posted October 08, 2009
this school is the best. i oly wish we have the space that we need rather than a few classrooms. this way we can do even better and even more students can come in.

York Early College Academy
108-35 167th St, Jamaica, NY  11433
Last modified York Early College Academy is a Public school that serves grades 6-11. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
York Early College Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top