Posted November 08, 2013
My school is a great school with an amazing curriculum and has a great staff. There are many academic opportunities as well as the learning of many cultures,art, and music. This school is dedicated to being a community where everyone is welcomed.

Posted July 30, 2012
Moving out of a larger populated school into this one, I am very pleased for my now 7th and 8th grader that started in January. They start languages in 6th grade! One of my children takes Chinese. There are upper level classes such as advanced art, honors language and honors math. The school strives on being a "community" type of school. Many people know and care about each other. The school population is about 240 per class grade which is incredible! My children were able to adapt very quickly and staff were very helpful with that transition. The principals all know my children as well as most of the teachers, whereas the old school they did not (900 per class grade). Everyone is accepted and it is not a snobby school where a neighboring school district has that rep. Academics are diverse and important. Sports are available but not above all importance like some districts. The whole child is celebrated for all sorts: music, art, sports, language etc, I really recommend this school district for all the reasons above. Many people move into this area because of the schools. 3 elementary, ONE middle and ONE high school. I can only say good things.

Posted April 15, 2011
We moved into the JD school district ( middle school ) in 2008 from out of state. We could have moved anywhere and we chose JD. Why? Small schools= small class sizes ( my son is in a regular math class with 15 students in 7th grade); Some ethnic diversity ( about 20% underrepresented population); socioeconomic diversity( 14% free and reduced lunch) ; 6th grade starts Language other than English, okay band, lots of clubs, intramurals, Science Olympiad, music and art are great and modified sports ( no cuts for most in 7 & 8th). There is a big emphasis on the social and emotional well being of the students and the guidance counselors are more like team leaders and are fantastic! We have always been welcomed into the school and can talk to teachers and counselors and the principal anytime. Teachers are using smartboards and integrating technology could do more here. Areas for improvement: orchestra is new-thus small, improved technology integration, more diverse teaching staff to reflect the student body should be a goal of the district.

Jamesville Dewitt Middle School 2

Posted March 31, 2011
Teachers are qualified but overworked, shy away from responsibility towards students. I am surprised that absolutely they take no responsibility towards the benefit of students, and are selfish. Also noted they in general are very defensive when I wanted to work with them regarding some missing work which was bringing my daughter's work from A+ to B. There is no approach saying" okay here is the plan you do that on your side, and the student will absolutely have to do her part and as the teacher, I will do this on my part". That is the responsibility that the teachers are lacking. Their answers are always blaming the child and on the defensive side, even before you start questioning them.

Jamesville Dewitt Middle School 3

Posted November 12, 2010
Highly overrated school , due to inefficient administration. Most of the students here from other nationalities come from highly educated families due to the close proximity of this school to SU and medical university. The school boasts of its diversification but doesnt implement equality. The number of deserving other nationality children in honors classes is negligible despite their excellent grades or abilities. It is a shame that all these professionals pay the same amount of taxes,put their faith in these teachers and administrators to provide their kids with quality education, but kids have to face this discrimination. Has some excellent teachers

Jamesville Dewitt Middle School 1

Posted June 09, 2010
I am a 7th grade who will be transferring away from this school for 8th grade. I would not reccomend enrolling your child here. The teachers here dont really do much to help you if youre confused or have low grades. The students here are generally upper class and, like the person below me, it is full of pointless drama and youre either popular or a loser. It is also filled with bullying by all the popular kids on everybody else. They make you feel upset, and insecure in the school. The school boasts about being "the best district" but they seem to only care about sports. I was so unhappy in this surronding that i am transferring to a different school were i can have a better school experience. Also the teachers who truly teach badly are never fired or change. I would not recommend your child come here.

Jamesville Dewitt Middle School 0

Posted June 21, 2009
I attended JDMS this year as an 8th grader, i highly recommend that you do not send your child here, the students at JDMS currently do not represent equality, either your popular or a nerd or a loser. The students are mean, their is so much drama, and the students try to 'fight' a lot. beware that if your child attends this school they may become upset, i have definitely had a bad experience at JD and with all the rude, obscene students, your child might as well. Even the 5th graders are rude, but if you care about just the teachers, their okay but the administration is terrible as well.

Posted January 13, 2009

Jamesville Dewitt Middle School 3

Posted December 02, 2008

Jamesville Dewitt Middle School 4

Posted November 19, 2007
JDMS is a great school run by a bad administration. I loved my teachers there, but not our administrators. My teachers there were great and the learning environment is wonderful. Great school, bad leaders.

Jamesville Dewitt Middle School
6280 Randall Rd, Jamesville, NY  13078
Last modified Jamesville Dewitt Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jamesville Dewitt Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top