Jericho, NY

Solomon Schechter Day School-Nassau 1

Posted October 02, 2014
Where do I begin? Small class size because no one goes Dirty old school Feeble Jewish curriculum Nothing for special ed. Very horrid for different leathers. The academics are sub par Very little good to say. Liked parents and kids Disgusting old grounds Switched son to yeshiva which was weird for me bc I'm not practicing Also gave up expensive Jericho taxes public schools If this is future of conservative Jewish Ed we are in trouble I also was turned off by lack of male staff Do we need all female rabbis to make a point?

Posted July 28, 2014
Outstanding educational experience with very high standards. Small class sizes that focus on individual needs and growth of students. Extended days allow students to spend half the day learning English subjects and half the day learning Hebrew and Judaic studies. The school alerted me about OT needs of my child and assisted me throughout entire process. School even worked with me to get summer services for my child so that my child will not fall behind. Students are educationally stimulated and challenged in all areas and are physically active. Students do not sit in a classroom all day long; they move around. Huge gym and outside play area. The library is even set up for children to "hang out" quietly. The arts and sciences are strongly emphasized and all children participate. There is a student-run garden. The school also composts and recycles. The teachers and staff truly know how to make learning fun. I especially love that there is a very strong focus on community service, student participation, self-awareness, and awareness of global events. Teachers and staff are always responsive and attentive by phone, email and in-person meetings. Most parents are very involved.

Posted September 12, 2012
This school is about the academics and much more - it is about educating in the true sense of the word

Posted October 03, 2010
The best Jewish Day School!

Solomon Schechter Day School-Nassau 4

Posted September 27, 2010
Caring teachers, staff and family community along with a great secular as well as judaic education.

Posted September 26, 2010
great environment. caring teachers and staff

Posted September 24, 2010
Schechter has a great sense of community.

Posted September 24, 2010
Shechter provids our kids a great foundation for the jewish heritage,personal attenition and a great sense of community.

Posted September 23, 2010
My daughter loves the school

Posted September 23, 2010
The best school . best children best teachers best education

1 Barbara Ln, Jericho, NY  11753
Last modified Solomon Schechter Day School-Nassau is a Private school that serves grades K-5
Solomon Schechter Day School-Nassau Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top