Lackawanna, NY

Posted September 09, 2014
Truman elementary is by far the worst else marry school I have ever encountered in my life there is a woman who works in the office who is very nasty and rude we just moved here and they refused to let me walk my 5 year old daughter into school and the first day every though she had no idea where she was going or who anyone was they had a big police officer at the door not allowing any parent past the door like it was a correctional facility so basically I had to let my 5 year old figure it out I was absolutely furious the principal has yet to return a call after weeks of messages I've left her regarding our situation and yesterday was the topping on the cake when my 4 year old who's in pre-k didn't get home until 5:30pm her drop off time was 3:40 so I'm so lost as to why it would ever take so long it could circle Lackawanna 10 times in that time and so when I called the rude woman in the office told me to contact the bus company as if my 4 year old was absolutely no concern I was seconds from calling the police I am furious absolutely disgusted I highly advise anybody to second think this school it is no place for small children they aren't friendly or caring!!!

Truman Elementary School 3

Posted June 04, 2014
Most teachers are excellent but there are a few who should no longer be teaching. Positive experiences with the principal as well as other staff members. Security is a bit lacking overall.

Truman Elementary School 5

Posted March 17, 2014
I am actually shocked at the bad reviews of Truman Elementary recently. It makes me think perhaps the same disgruntled parent is posting all of them. My oldest daughter went to Truman and we were very happy with the school. Now my youngest is in her first year there and we continue to be very happy with the school. The teachers are great and really care about helping the children succeed. Often times, parents who are not involved enough with their children's academic success will criticize the school or teachers when their child has an academic or disciplinary problem. Those parents need to stop blaming the school and teachers and start being better parents. 90% of problems in school have a root in the home.

Truman Elementary School 4

Posted March 16, 2014
The teachers work hard to help the students succeed. I am happy with their commitment.

Posted September 17, 2013
I am just curious as to how Lackawanna City Schools deal with issues like bullying when their staff especially the teacher aides are bullies. They treat every parent who walks through the doors like absolute garbage. Where did this staff come from?

Posted September 06, 2013
Horrifying! I can't even begin to describe the mess in this place! It is not a safe or caring environment at all. Can they just shut this place down already?!

Posted August 30, 2013
EXTREMELY disappointed in the school & my daughter hasn't even had her first day of school yet. The first day of school is less than a week away .She will be attending kindergarten & has never been to the school before. I have been calling every week for the past month to get a small tour to help get her more comfortable with her new surroundings. Every time I call i get the same response, "it's very busy, we would be more than happy to give a tour next week." Um really??? because I've been told that for a whole month now! The last time I called they told me "well kindergarten orientation is coming up, just come then." Yeah well my daughter will already have started the school by then, what good does a tour do for preparation for the first day of school?!? To me there is NO excuse. A good school, that cares about children should be able to arrange to meet such a small request from a worried parent.

Posted January 25, 2013
This school is a gathering space for an outrageous number of teachers aides, who are either married to a Lackawanna cop, Lackawanna school board member, or are heavily connected to the political core of Lackawanna. One might even be able to look past all that, if at least a single one was qualified or friendly, etc. This is an awful place. Anywhere but here for your child.

Posted December 21, 2012
This school is a complete disappointment, I wish I never sent my daughter here it needs a new principal to run it. There are too many students for one teacher and rarely an assistant available. I would not encourage anyone to send their child to this school. This school doesn't take the time to verify who people are after initial enrollment someone was able to pose as a step parent for my daughter and have a conference regarding my daughter.

Truman Elementary School

Posted May 04, 2010
I have five kids and they have all been there plus i love it!

Truman Elementary School
15 Inner Dr, Lackawanna, NY  14218
Last modified Truman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-1
Truman Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top