Public charter
Lackawanna, NY

Posted September 27, 2013
Great school and a quality education and the administration is outstanding.Iam so glad I sent my son to this school

Posted February 02, 2013
Im a student at Global and I LOVE it there! Global is a safe place and I love to go to school everyday! Their curriculm is the best! Everyone learns in their own way and everyone loves it! The teachers are kind and caring and i would never want to leave! I have one more year their and im moving on to the high school at global! I dont want to leave and no one else does! Trust me Global is the best and no child will ever want to leave! I love you Global! -Submitted by a student

Global Concepts Charter School 1

Posted July 18, 2011
I was a fan of this school and I used to recommend it but not anymore. The classrooms are too crowded, close to 30 students per classroom, teachers cannot control the amount of students and some go unpunished bullying other students all year long. They take measures that affect the entire classroom even if just one student did not behave. There is no good communication with the leaders, if you have a concern, they won't work with you or even listen to you. Unless you absolutely have to, choose otherwise.

Global Concepts Charter School 3

Posted November 29, 2010
This school is ok but could be better class sizes are to large and some of the teachers can not control the class room. students are unruley and the teachers turn a blind eye.

Posted May 12, 2010
The school is a great place for my children to learn & grow as citizens of our city. It is multi-cultural and that helps shape my children into well rounded understanding people aware of other cultural needs & customs. I am very proud to say my children go to Global Concepts Charter School

Posted May 11, 2010
I LOVE this school because I have not met a teacher or employee there that I haven't liked or that hasn't had the kids best interest at heart. My children are very shy and anxious, one has an anxiety disorder. The teachers and staff there have always been so helpful and gone the extra mile to help my girls relax and fit in. One of the counselors there had my daughters eat lunch in her office several times a week until they felt comfortable enough to eat in the cafeteria. One of the teachers there has given me her home phone number and allowed me to call her at anytime if I had any concerns or if my daughters had any fears that needed to be 'talked out' before school the next day. This teacher has taken kid's clothing home to wash it if she had any students whose parents negected their wash from time to time. The receptionists, the principals, the nurses, the teachers...they treat you with respect and are all very pleasant and welcoming at all times. We have a dress code which is wonderful and our children also take violin lessons and either spanish or arabic all starting in kindergarten! I would be lost if I didn't have the employees at Global Concepts Charter School there to help me and my children feel welcomed.

Posted May 11, 2010
I like this school because, they have good teachers

Posted January 20, 2010
Quality education! My son has attended 2nd through 5th grade so far and I have no complaints. The teachers are amazing! Great alternative to public/private school.

Posted October 03, 2009
Global has the most understanding teachers and staff that I have the pleasure of dealing with. I have 2 extra needs kids attending there and they have been willing to work with me instead of placing them in the special needs system. I am proud to say that with their help both children are A and B students and I encourage other parents to enroll their children with them...Thank you Global

Global Concepts Charter School 4

Posted October 03, 2007
This marks the beginning of our 4th year at Global. We absolutely love the school. They pay close attention to each child and their individual needs, and get children who need extra help, the help they need right away. I love the fact that a foreign language is taught starting in kindergarten. And the fact the the violin is part of the curriculum. The student body is very diverse which I love. I belive it helps my children that we are all the same and learn to get along with everyone. Some might consider the school is lacking on extracurricular activities, but they seem to be adding new things often. Most recently, the Chess Club. I am sure the parent involvement could be better, but I do think that we who are involved are doing pretty good. I highly look forward to the addition of a Global High School!

Global Concepts Charter School
1001 Ridge Road, Lackawanna, NY  14218
(716) 821-1903
Last modified Global Concepts Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Global Concepts Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top