Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My son is struggling and not getting the help that he needs despite the fact that he is classified and has an IEP. When I called the guidance counselor to ask what else could be done, she asked me "what do you want me to do? The school has no money." Disgusting. I would not recommend this district unless your child is self motivated and very smart.

Amount of homework: no rating

My son frequently doesn't write down his homework, so I don't have a realistic picture of the amount that is expected. I have requested numerous times to have some intervention in place so that I will know what his homework is and it has been denied each time.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

My son lies and plays his resource room and other teachers against each other, and manages to avoid doing assignments.

arlington high school offers very very many AP classes. most AP class teachers are top level teachers. Music program is one of the best in the nation. 4 full size orchestra in the school and they won grand national championship 2 years ago! Science research class won several different national science research competition .

Although it may seem that the amount of people in this high school is insane, it ends up being ok once you are attending it. Bullying happens everywhere, and this school is not perfect, but since there are so many people, it was very rare when I was going there. Another great benefit is there are clubs for, literally, EVERYTHING, and if there isn't one you want, you make one. It is pretty great. Our principal was great, although he retired, the new principal is awesome too. The only problem you might have is being stuck in a traffic jam in the hallways and be a few minutes late to class, but teachers, for the most part understand, because they get stuck too :P

The school is a place to learn about the real world. At first it seems huge, but once you get used to the size it's not that bad. The school has many interesting classes from cooking to car engineering. They also have a tv studio that is used to give information to students.

This school is good and mostly because I have never experienced bullying but then again maybe that's because I'm a quiet girl who doesn't talk as much. Teachers are helpful......but there are a couple that are bossy. So yea that about sums it and this my senior year so yea.

I attend the school now and I believe the school is great and you truly have a great experience while there.

The chances of finding a good person who doesn't smoke or drink on a regular basis as a friend are slim. That's my main reason for not liking this school. Some teachers are great, but others are not. The size fools you, it does seem smaller once you're inside. 'Nuff said

Arlington is a big school and that can seem daunting to newly arrived students. However, this large size means more than just a long graduation ceremony. Students have a wide range of academic, club, and sport activitites. As a student at Arlington all of my classes my senior year were AP giving me a huge step up when entering college. Not only that but I was able to pursue the sport of fencing with the schools club.

Last modified Arlington High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.