Lake Grove, NY

Lake Grove School 0

Posted May 26, 2009
I am a former teacher. The teachers have to do so much more than just teach the curriculum and prepare students for regents exam, RCT test and other NYS testing. We had to be mentors, substitute parents, big brother/sister, mediators and counselors. The teachers are underpaid and overworked.....I challenge the best public school teacher to try one week here......I bet they couldn't do it. So hats off to the teachers still giving 'their all' on a daily basis. You are doing a wonderful job and a great service to these young people.

Posted January 13, 2009
I am a former student. It helped me get through my teen years. The faculty was wonderful.

Posted May 17, 2008
This school gives children a oppurtunity that they will not find anywhere else.They get achance to catch up to thier grade, regardless of deficit., and earn a diploma. there is great intramural sports, off campus recreations that most families couldn't afford to do, (consistently) the food is exceptional first name produts..always !! The Clinical and Medical is also first rate. The chances they are afforded here are like nothing found elsewhere. please don't put much value in a review written by a student who would sooner be running the streets with the DEADLY gangs they so often come from. Ask they kids that have made in through the program and want some form of a good future. Mostly remember if you don't reform them they will be your neighbors either way. If you think they aren't from the Upper crust as well ....you be wrong again. Disfunction has NO boundries !!

Posted February 04, 2008
I am a former student and I think this school is a great school it was the first time in my life anyone actually cared about me and was a postive experience for me

Lake Grove School 4

Posted October 12, 2007

Lake Grove School 4

Posted June 25, 2007

Posted May 18, 2007

Posted September 24, 2006
I am a current student at Lake Grove School. This school is not on the correct grade level, it is actually on a lower level. The staff aren't great but there is a select few who are helpful and caring and who don't want to be your friend but to be a staff to give structure, instead of everything being fun and game's.

Posted July 03, 2006

Posted February 14, 2006
Currently I am a student here in lake grove and I will tell you this, this school is pathetic. The staff doesnt really help the students out. There is no help at this school so before sending your children here think again

Lake Grove School