Bad
Good

i went to gatelot for kindergarten 5th and 6th grade i have fond memories of the school i graduated gatelot in 1981 i am sad to learn that it was closed down

Two of my three children attended several of other Sachem elementary schools, which were good, but this one is the best! The sense of community here is overwhelming. My last child spent all 6 years here and it is going to be difficult to leave. We have lots of wonderful memories and great learning experiences to take with us. Thank you so much to all the teachers and staff members who have made my child's elementary education experience the best I could ask for. The PTA is far and above any other, many activities for all age levels to bring the community together.

I recently moved to this school district and my child is in 3rd grade, this school has made my child feel so comfortable that the adjustment was wonderful. I have never seen so many parent/child events before. This school is by far the best around. Academics are incredible and my child is encouraged without fustration which is the best combination for success.

When we first moved to the neighborhood my sons were in 2nd and 5th grade. The principal met the kids in the summer and gave them a tour. The staff is so caring and make the school fun and well as having great test scores! Way to go!

I love this school and so do my kids. The teachers are caring. The principal knows every kid by name it seems. There is always a fun family activity at the school. I can't say enough about it!

Last modified Gatelot Avenue School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.