Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 19, 2015
There is a strong focus on personal qualities and how students treat each other, coupled with strong integration of students with special needs.

Posted November 19, 2015
Raymond C Buckley has highly professional, expert and caring teachers, allied with a great sense of community; additionally, the school facilities are very good. The school is the reason we decided to live in Lansing, having looked at the rest of Tompkins County, and it is a decision we have not regretted for a moment.

Posted October 12, 2014
We are now starting our third year at this school. I have two children attending currently. I have been very impressed with the quality of this school. The teachers are very professional, and when I speak with them I can feel the genuine concern and desire they have for my child to succeed and learn in a way that is tailored to their specific needs and talents. The music program is phenomenal, and the children have swimming lessons in school! Not to mention amazing teacher/parent ratios. I would recommend this school to anyone!

Posted April 14, 2013
Lansing is an amazing school!!! The education is top notch. There is a great deal of economic diversity in Lansing which is great. Wealthier families are drawn to the great school system. This is good for all. Wealthier families mean more money to fund great education

Raymond C Buckley Elementary School 1

Posted January 31, 2013
Wow. Where can I begin? RC Buckley is really bad. Many of the kids are rural hics and are bullies. The Friday note written by the teacher was full of spelling and grammatical errors. I am not impressed by this school at all and am planning on moving!

Raymond C Buckley Elementary School 2

Posted June 19, 2012
My child has attended Lansing elementary for 3 years. K and 1st were fantastic! His teachers were dedicated and caring. This year however has been miserable for all of us. If your child misbehaves only once, they are very quick to encourage the use of medication! I as a parent was completely baffled! Not once has medication ever crossed my mind, or my child's pediatrician. If you are a working class family and cannot make it to every school function, in my opinion, you are treated far different.

Posted April 26, 2010
I love the schools in Lansing because they go out of their way to make sure the kids get a good education. The teachers at RC Buckley Elementary are awesome, dedicated and caring. They want every child to succeed and do whatever they can to help them to succeed and excel.

Posted November 10, 2008
The elementarys school has 3 fulltime AIS teachers (two reading specialists and a math specialist) as well as 3 full time special education teachers, and three teaching assistants to work with kids who struggling. Most elementary school in tompkins county are cutting these services while Lansing has maintained our increased. I have been impressed with the level of services my child has received.

Raymond C Buckley Elementary School 3

Posted October 18, 2008
This school does not have enough attention for young children who are struggling in most subjects.

Raymond C Buckley Elementary School 4

Posted April 18, 2008
I truly love this school as compared to the area schools such as the other rural areas in this county and Ithaca. My son has been attended this school since first grade and I believe it's the best move we've ever made for him and we plan on our 4 year old attending next year. We are trying to stay in this district because we love the school system so much. It is loaded with activities for children and families and I don't believe that it's too snobbish so to speak. My brother graduated from this school and really enjoyed it after he had attended Homer school district most of his life. We are not in the upper class and it doesn't bother us nor does it make us feel out of place. My son is happy. He is biracial also and feel there have been no issues there too.

284 Ridge Road, Lansing, NY  14882
Last modified Raymond C Buckley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.