Posted October 12, 2014
We are now starting our third year at this school. I have two children attending currently. I have been very impressed with the quality of this school. The teachers are very professional, and when I speak with them I can feel the genuine concern and desire they have for my child to succeed and learn in a way that is tailored to their specific needs and talents. The music program is phenomenal, and the children have swimming lessons in school! Not to mention amazing teacher/parent ratios. I would recommend this school to anyone!

Posted April 14, 2013
Lansing is an amazing school!!! The education is top notch. There is a great deal of economic diversity in Lansing which is great. Wealthier families are drawn to the great school system. This is good for all. Wealthier families mean more money to fund great education

Raymond C Buckley Elementary School 1

Posted January 31, 2013
Wow. Where can I begin? RC Buckley is really bad. Many of the kids are rural hics and are bullies. The Friday note written by the teacher was full of spelling and grammatical errors. I am not impressed by this school at all and am planning on moving!

Raymond C Buckley Elementary School 0

Posted April 26, 2010
I love the schools in Lansing because they go out of their way to make sure the kids get a good education. The teachers at RC Buckley Elementary are awesome, dedicated and caring. They want every child to succeed and do whatever they can to help them to succeed and excel.

Raymond C Buckley Elementary School 0

Posted November 10, 2008
The elementarys school has 3 fulltime AIS teachers (two reading specialists and a math specialist) as well as 3 full time special education teachers, and three teaching assistants to work with kids who struggling. Most elementary school in tompkins county are cutting these services while Lansing has maintained our increased. I have been impressed with the level of services my child has received.

Raymond C Buckley Elementary School 3

Posted October 18, 2008
This school does not have enough attention for young children who are struggling in most subjects.

Raymond C Buckley Elementary School 4

Posted April 18, 2008
I truly love this school as compared to the area schools such as the other rural areas in this county and Ithaca. My son has been attended this school since first grade and I believe it's the best move we've ever made for him and we plan on our 4 year old attending next year. We are trying to stay in this district because we love the school system so much. It is loaded with activities for children and families and I don't believe that it's too snobbish so to speak. My brother graduated from this school and really enjoyed it after he had attended Homer school district most of his life. We are not in the upper class and it doesn't bother us nor does it make us feel out of place. My son is happy. He is biracial also and feel there have been no issues there too.

Raymond C Buckley Elementary School 4

Posted January 04, 2008

Posted June 04, 2007
I love this school. I attended Lansing from K-12 and now my son is in kindergarten here as well. Yes, this school has been known to carry with it 'snobs'; however, I must clarify that this is false. People misconstrue confidence and self-assurance as snobbish. This school creates people who are confident, intelligent, and will succeed whether college bound or not. Great school!

Posted January 06, 2007
Although I do agree with Lansing has too many 'snobs'. I also disagree with some other stuff that was written. A school is designed to encourage children to engage in activities and academics that they will use throughout the rest of their lives. I am not paying school taxes and sending my children to school so they can learn to dance or spend the day finger panting and running carefree. Children don't need this, from they day they are born they are all naturally creative, and it is up to the parents to encourage this with play at home, not only at school. Not every child is a 'square peg' I know my child sure isn't, but there is no miracle public school that can fit every childs specific personalities, this wouldn't prepare themselves for the real world anyway.

Raymond C Buckley Elementary School
284 Ridge Rd, Lansing, NY  14882
Last modified Raymond C Buckley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Raymond C Buckley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top