K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Ss John & Paul School 1

Posted March 11, 2016
I read many great reviews about the school which is in my neighborhood. I personally have a friend whose son attended the school. They traveled from the the other side of the county for her son to attend. All of this led me to inquire. I have a busy work schedule and home life with multiple children. I made a few phone calls and left messages with the admissions person to find out when I could come in. I did receive a message in response to one of my messages stating that two spots were left. I had an opportunity to get there. It was dismissal which I understand is not the best time and I was willing to wait. I was directed to the admissions person who told me she couldn't talk to me but I could still register. At that point, I was turned off. I asked are there still only two spots left? I don't want to register if there aren't any spots left. I was told "I don't know". I asked for a registration packet. I was told, ask my new secretary. Then the admissions person yelled out to the new secretary to give me a packet. I asked if I could at least see one classroom. Next, the principal comes in and asks me to make an appointment to come back. At that point, I put the packet down and left. I went to four catholic schools in the local area that day. I was welcomed and assisted in all of the others. I picked one of them and looking forward to a great year. I hope no other parent ever has to leave Sts. John and Paul feeling as bad as I did.

Posted April 08, 2015
This is one of the best schools on the planet. I have two children that started this year, one transferred into 3rd grade and my kindergartner just began. Their teachers interact with the parents at every opportunity. Ms. Hebert has made kindergarten a joy and it is great to see our daughter counting in Spanish (English is her native language) or saying "I want to study" and sitting down and opening up her book to read. Likewise, our 3rd grader has transformed from a child that got straight "A's" but did not want to work, to a student that is beginning to understand that school forms the basis for the rest of your life. Ms. Bencivenga has given that gentle push that he needed to put school first. SJP is phenomenal primarily because of Mrs. Howard. She is herself a former student, former teacher and now the Assistant Principal. To say Mrs. Howard is on top of things is an understatement. 2014/15 brought a new Principal, Mrs. Fatima deCarvalho-Gianni. Ms. Gianni is highly visible and seems to have a clear plan for SJP. If you value education, SJP is the school for you. If you value Catholic traditions and education, do not look anywhere else!

Posted February 23, 2010
SJP has proven to be an excellent grammar school for our children. What's even more exciting are the opportunities in Middle School. SJP offers academic excellence and emphasizes faith and community service as equally important values. SJP teaches children to be good people as well as good students. The principal, Mrs. Pettus, brings a vibrancy and sincerity to the school that, coupled with her training and educational background at Columbia University, propel the school to new heights.

Posted February 23, 2010
We live in a community with first rate public schools and I wouldn't send my kids anywhere else! The principal brings remarkable dedication and an astute understanding of the educational needs of her students. Her own Columbia Teachers College background, coupled with that of the pastor and the reading specialist, makes Saints John and Paul a top notch private school. Resources available to the students include smartboards in every classroom, a fully equipped and recently renovated library/media center, an amazing assortment of afterschool activities, community service opportunities, and a well trained and highly qualified staff. Faith is not only nurtured throughout the day, but is the foundation on which all academic experiences are based. A strong school community is greatly enriched by a strong and supportive parish family. And, did I mention the reasonable tuition? They do it best for a fraction what other private schools cost!

Posted February 08, 2010
After thoroughly searching Catholic schools in the Westchester County area we landed on Sts. John & Paul in Larchmont. We are thrilled with our decision and our children are excelling in an environment that challenges them and makes learning fun and enjoyable. Sound Catholic values are infused in every aspect of daily life and learning which builds a solid foundation for the children. The leadership is dynamic and full of enthusiasm and energy. A wonderful Msgr., a young enthusiastic Priest and and incredibly talented Principal combined with a dedicated faculty create a model environment of Catholic education. Did I mention a PSPA that is truly welcoming and passionate about school and community. If you're interested in a Catholic education for your child, you simply must check out SJP in Larchmont!

Posted February 01, 2010
My two children are in SJP academically very happy! The children and parents of the school feels like an extended family! My children are happy and look forward to going to school!!

Posted January 25, 2010
I have been extremely pleased with the education my children have received in St. John and Paul. The religious morals that are instilled every day is important to raising good honest children. The new prinipal is a wonderful addition to the school!!!!

Posted January 10, 2010
I'm in love with SJP, my son's first year is proving to be the best foundation for his elementary school years.

Posted January 08, 2010
When I think of Saints John and Paul, I think of Community Spirit and Faith! What an Incredible school! Under great new leadership. Principal is energetic and understands all aspects of children's needs! Reading and writing skills are primary focus. Importance of team and good sportsmanship is focus in PE. Advanced math and language will be offered in 2010! You will not find a stronger, more caring, community anywhere. Check out their website at www.sjpschool.org - it proves their dedication to the children's futures!

Posted December 05, 2009
What a great school under the leadership of an incredible and energetic new principal and supported by a pastor who 'gets it'. You will not find a stronger community anywhere nor will you children find a more secure and supportive place to get a values based education!

280 Weaver Street, Larchmont, NY  10538