Levittown, NY

Island Trees High School 5

Posted June 05, 2014
Island trees is horrible for the kids who go there because we are all sick of each other by senior year but if we really look into everything island trees has great academics with teachers who actually care have great sports besides football we suck at that we have amazing music and arts we are in the top 100 in the country we are a very safe school there isn't really any bullying at all some cliques but you can hangout with who ever you choose in the past 4 years the smoking corner has been eliminated and less drugs are used less then most high schools in the area. Great school to grow up in.

Island Trees High School 1

Posted April 09, 2013
I am very disappointed with the level of education my child received. If your child is not in AP classes then you are in for big problems. The teachers are slow to getting back to you along with the administration. That is for the times they actually respond.

Island Trees High School 2

Posted April 20, 2010
I must say the school does has some positive things. I have been kepted in touch with my child's progress good or bad and there are good programs and teachers avaliable for the acheivers who take advantage. However, I physical appearance, kid's demeanor and overall language are simply uncivilized. I am sending my son to parachoil school as a result. I saw lots of girls with their sleeping clothes on and slippers.

Island Trees High School 1

Posted April 19, 2010
Everyone focuses on the positives, but how about the huge numbers of negatives this school has? The amount of drugs, alcohol, bullying and threats. There is no parent involvement! A child can hide failing grades throughout the whole year! Teachers are getting cut while they are spending huge money on turf. Teachers are talking about things they shouldn't be talking about in class. Kids harass kids and all they get is a 'don't do it again'. It is absolutely horrible.

Island Trees High School

Posted October 04, 2009
Island Trees School District has an excellent music program. The teachers are all fantastic musicians and put on a faculty concert every year. The distric has produced a few famous people over the years.

Island Trees High School 5

Posted September 22, 2008
I am currently attending this school and I love it. Art programs are great and sports/PE is the best in the county

Island Trees High School 3

Posted February 10, 2008
My child will be graduating next year. It's a shame that there is a bare bones AP program. According to the school, AP is limited due to size of the school, but Bethpage is identical with more AP choices especially for underclassmen so the reason has to be $$. If you want something done it seems that you have to run for a board position. If your child is a very good student, they will, for the most part, be left to fend for themselves. They figure he/she will do just fine. As for the sports, the boys programs seems to get more attention. Baseball and wrestling are both goo with good coachng. Footbal looked dismal. Being in Levittown you'd think lacrosse would be better.

Island Trees High School 2

Posted November 18, 2007
I graduated from this school after transferring here from Catholic school. What a difference. Very limited classes for superior students or special needs students. School caters to the 'average' student, and doesn't even stimulate them intellectually. Limited supplies for music, art and humanities - sports are much more important. Arts programs do struggle to keep themselves in good shape, though, with the limited resources available, and attract good kids. Small, homogeneous school with a mostly uneducated and marginally involved group of parents. Very sad.

Island Trees High School 3

Posted April 13, 2007
As a resident of the community I would love to commend the services our schools provide. However, I cannot. I am graduating my youngest child this year and the poor leadership the school has experienced in the last few years has deeply impacted the quality of education, at least at the high school. AP classes are limited -- AP Bio, Chem, Physics, Calculus AB, English, World History, US History,Gov't, and Psyc--no Eco, no Stats. Most are open to seniors only.There is College English, and Foreign Language. The Math Dept. is horrible! Most kids survive with tutors. The Music department is notable. The athletic dept. overall decent,quality depends on the coach. Enthusiastic Art teacher with limited access to supplies. Fairly small school with a 'family' feel. Pretty homogeneous student and teacher population. Taxes are fairly low. Budgets do pass. Kids 'kicked' out at 2:20,unless in sports. Parental involvement minimal.

Island Trees High School 4

Posted March 12, 2007
academics in general are good. good for reagents exams NOT good in AP/ sats. not the school to if ive league is your goal. many average teachers, one great science teacher. some have no idea what they're talking about. small school, very safe. art is not good. sports are average. music is above average (american idol contender student). parents heavilly involved. no diversity.

Island Trees High School
59 Straight Lane, Levittown, NY  11756
Last modified Island Trees High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Island Trees High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top