Posted April 18, 2012
I think that this is an exceptional middle school. It is run well and all of the administrators, teachers and staff work together as a cohesive unit. Each child is treated as an individual and the teachers really understand that everyone learns in different ways. If i have a question or need information I get a very timely call back from either the guidance counselor or a teacher. The students are taught to respect each and it is a safe haven for students and they actually have a working, effective and real "'no bullying policy". There are so many clubs, activities and sports. There is a club for each child such as community service based character building and cerebral type clubs. I am thrilled my children have the opportunity to attend this fine school

Posted March 22, 2010
Salk Middle school is an awesome place!! The administrators, teachers, and staff are all extremely dedicated and professional. The school is a warm, happy place with tons of clubs and sports for the kids. The parent attendance at school activities is heartwarming. It feels like a family! I feel lucky that my children have the opportunity to attend Salk! Go Seahawks!

Posted November 04, 2009
Jonas is an awesome school...And this means a lot coming from a student that usually hates school.

Posted May 01, 2009

Posted February 08, 2009
This is an excellent school commited to quality education. Teachers and staff are helpful and caring. Great after school programs, band, chorus and orchestra. My daughter is very happy here. Her academic performance has been great.

Posted September 20, 2007
My daughter is in her 3rd year at Salk and I must say that as a teacher and a parent I have been and am extremely please with the curriculum, teachers, sports, clubs and administration. Salk is a true treasure in Levittown. We are fortunate.

Posted September 19, 2007
This is my son's second year in this school and I couldn't be more happy. Met all his teachers at 'Back to School' night and was so impressed by all of them. Salk has all the most updated equipment, books and services. I just don't know how they could improve anything. Keep up the great work Levittown!

Posted May 09, 2007
I have had four children go through the school, and would highly recommend it. The school shines, academic programs are great, the Music Dept is wonderful,afterschool activities are abundant, two area's I would change are the Italian program and time to disban the 'gifted program'. The teachers really put in above and beyond, and my kids love going to school.

Jonas E Salk Middle School 1

Posted June 16, 2006
- a former student

Jonas E Salk Middle School 4

Posted January 13, 2006

Jonas E Salk Middle School
3359 Old Jerusalem Road, Levittown, NY  11756
Last modified Jonas E Salk Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jonas E Salk Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top