Levittown, NY

Posted July 04, 2015
One of the best parts of our day is when our children tell us that they are sad school is over. The staff and faculty at Northside is what you dream to send your kids off to each day. They are caring, loving, professional and successful. They live up to achieving the school's mission statement, "Success For Every Student". The time and effort they put in to ensure our son and daughter are challenged to meet their full potential is astounding. The personal written notes sent home in their homework notebooks letting us know their achievements (both positive and negative) shows the care and concern the teachers have for our children. We have nothing but amazing things to say about Northside. Go Pelicans!

Northside School
Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 04, 2015
One of the best parts of our day is when our children tell us that they are sad school is over. The staff and faculty at Northside is what you dream to send your kids off to each day. They are caring, loving, professional and successful. They live up to achieving the school's mission statement, "Success For Every a Student". The time and effort they put in to ensure our son and daughter are challenged to meet their full potential is astounding. The personal written notes sent home in their homework notebooks letting us know their achievements (both positive and negative) shows the care and concern the teachers have for our children. We have nothing but amazing things to say about Northside. Go Pelicans!

Posted May 22, 2014
I want to express my incredible gratitude to this school. If you are looking for a caring and generous environment - this is the greatest school by far! Teachers are incredibly attentive and involved. Each child is greeted by the principal and treated with the utmost kindness and respect. As a parent you will get words of encouragement from the teachers. The academics are great and my child is beyond grade level work! During struggles and triumphs for my child- the school always was a safe haven and place of happiness!! A child's emotional well being, confidence and self esteem are the stepping stones to a successful academic and social life and Northside nurtures them all!!

Posted May 22, 2014
There is nothing but good things what I have to say about Northside. This year my daughter was new to the school and since the very first day she felt welcomed. Mr. Mortillaro personally gave her a tour of the school. On holidays as Halloween and Christmas you can feel the spirit and even myself as an adult got excited to see how the teachers and principal participated on this events. I just want to say thank you for making my daughter's transition to a new school so easy. It makes me happy to hear her saying that she loves her school

Posted January 22, 2014
My child is in third grade and I have to say that my child loves school and is learning very well. I do not have to go over much work with my child because the teacher is doing a great job teaching within the class. I have asked my child how gym is. My child said they play an active game and, they do not have a lot of free time. If the gym teacher gives them free time, they have to be doing something active - he just doesn't let them sit there. On Halloween they watched a movie in the gym and that was probably because they did not want them running around with their costumes. The music teachers have always been nice, but I would make music more of a priority than what it is. At least the Levittown school district starts kids playing the recorder in second grade and then a string instrument in third grade if they want to. Most districts start playing the recorder in third grade and a string instrument in fourth grade.

Northside School 2

Posted January 08, 2014
I agree with the parent that stated that Northside has it's positives and negatives. My daughter is now in third grade. She is main stream but does have issues with listening and "following the rules". Her teacher in second grade drove me crazy with phone calls and notes home, to the point where i was having her tested for ADHD, (at the teacher recommendation) which she DID NOT have. Gym classes are a waste, when I ask my daughter what she did in Gym, she tells me ALOT that they had "free time", which pretty much means just hanging out and doing what they want, or they watched a movie. The Music teacher has made inappropriate comments in front of the class about my daughters behavior (Ex. Better behave Linda, report cards are coming out soon) Her teacher now is awful!! She makes comments about my daughter asking for help (What do you need now Linda??) Isn't that what she is there for ?? One thing the (new) Principal Mr. Martillaro is WONDERFUL!!!

Posted February 28, 2013
This school is amazing! My son has matured and developed academically and socially. He loves going to school and the teachers, staff and pricipal are always so nice. I have never felt uneasy about sending him to school. Thanks to everyone at Northside for making my son and our family feel welcome and safe.

Posted July 19, 2011
I can't say enough good things about the Levittown district in general and this school and it's staff in particular. Our son is a special needs child and the Special Ed teachers in this school are outstanding. Every one that we have dealt with (my son is going into 5th grade in the fall) has been terrific. But it is more than just the teachers. From the principal, Mr. Squillacioti (or Mr S as the students call him) all the way down, every staff member is great. This past year we attempted to move my son from 12-1-1 to an "inclusion" class, and we had some issues. The teachers, school pyschologist, social worker, and principal worked with us to basically create a customized program for him. It started with being pulled from the inclusion class into a 12-1-1 for certain subjects and we kept tweaking it until it was the other way around, and it worked. We had their full support the entire year and I can't thank them all enough. If you have a child with special needs, it will be difficult, if not impossible to find a better district on Long Island than Levittown.

Posted July 07, 2011
I just graduated, or "moved up" from Northside. It is a great school! The teachers are caring (some can be a little strict), the food is good (especially Chicken Nugget day on Thursday) and the principal (Mr. Squillitioti) is very involved in activities. Actually this year Mr.S took part in a "Graduation Fundraiser" he had to get duct taped to a wall! I love NS and I will miss all of my great teachers.

Posted October 21, 2008
I am so far satisfied with the overall teaching experience at Northside school as a child's parent. The teachers and staff are great and well qualified and friendly to make the transition from Pre-K to K a fun experience, and where my daughter looks forward to go everyday. She loves her school.

Northside School
35 Pelican Rd, Levittown, NY  11756
Last modified Northside School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northside School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top