Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Many of the teachers are inadequate and develop good friendships with students, and the students use these friendships to get better grades. This practice needs to be stopped.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

High-achievers at this school are notorious for cheating. Cozying up to teachers to get better grades is very common.

As a professor at SUNY Farmingdale and a Lindenhurst community member, I am ashamed of LHS. Lindenhurst has some of the highest school taxes in Suffolk County. Yet, many Lindenhurst natives in my classes, even high-achievers, have a very tough time adjusting to college. Even the students I get from Amityville and Copiague do better. The teachers at LHS tend to rely heavily on memorization and multiple-choice testing, and do not use enough project-based learning. LHS is the epitome of everything wrong with U.S. public schools. If you are looking to raise a family in western Suffolk, I'd suggest avoiding Lindenhurst and other Babylon township school districts. Instead, Bay Shore, the Islips (except Central), and South Huntington are all better school districts with much lower taxes.

Lindenhurst High School has some wonderful teachers however the staff at the administrative level is severely lacking. They do not take student issues like bullying seriously and the lack of attention to a serious drug problem will only cause the district to decline further.

This is a good school . My kids all did great here . They learned so much .

I go to this school. I think this school is great ! The teachers care and are so helpful if you are willing to learn . They are very big with the school sprit and sports in the school . The have great programs at this school .

This school is in a blue collar neighborhood with a lot of drug activity. The teachers are not too concerned with kids academic advancement but more concerned with socializing and pretend to do their jobs. Drugs are all over the school. I would not want my kids going here

My daughter graduated in 2011 and my son will in 2014. I have found this High School to be an inspiration that other districts should model themselves upon. Teachers are involved and really seem to care about the students. They have a zero tolerance policy on bullying, which is outstanding. Not every kid can be the jock or the cheerleader and, in this school, nobody is made to feel less than equal because their strengths may lie elsewhere. My kids have both had issues with their grades that were entirely due to their own laziness and the teachers and guidance counselors were in almost daily contact with me, until the problems were resolved. My daughter is now in her 4th semester of college and has a 4.0. I think that pretty much says it all, when a kid is made to do a 360 from almost failing to graduating with good grades to excelling in college. That tells you what having great teachers, an involved district and parental monitoring can do to encourage a child onto the right path. Great music & art programs, lots of clubs & activities, the student plays are Broadway quality. I plan to attend the shows long after my son graduates (neither of my children were in theater, btw).

My daughter is graduating Lindenhurst High School next year with 95+ grade average. She is been doing great in the school. I am very happy with the school and they don't allow bullying.

I used this site when I decided I'd be OK with moving to here from Massapequa. I'm currently a sophomore here (I did 9th here, too)...and I think LHS is very OVERRATED on this site. i kinda wanna laugh when I read some of these reviews. The teachers are great, true. however, the district seems to push sports. I found out that the HS sports are getting new uniforms (school color change), even though they cut a lot of academic things this year. makes no sense to me. Other negatives: the halls are packed, the school is pretty drug-tolerant, and there are threats pretty often ,...on the positive side, this school is diverse and the students are nice...pequa was very undiverse and the students were brats. The school has a pool. The Drama Club's great. I really LIKE this school district better than pequa., but the academic quality is lower. I really wish we had a bigger Science Olympiad team...but looks like the team is gonna get bigger :). if you like sports you'll like this school. The schools special ed is supposedly good. You might not like this school if you're academic-oriented. Oh and the cheerleading team placed 11th in the NATION. How is that not a highlight?!?

Last modified Lindenhurst Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.