Posted September 16, 2014
Lindenhurst High School has some wonderful teachers however the staff at the administrative level is severely lacking. They do not take student issues like bullying seriously and the lack of attention to a serious drug problem will only cause the district to decline further.

Posted May 08, 2014
This is a good school . My kids all did great here . They learned so much .

Posted May 08, 2014
I go to this school. I think this school is great ! The teachers care and are so helpful if you are willing to learn . They are very big with the school sprit and sports in the school . The have great programs at this school .

Posted January 26, 2014
This school is in a blue collar neighborhood with a lot of drug activity. The teachers are not too concerned with kids academic advancement but more concerned with socializing and pretend to do their jobs. Drugs are all over the school. I would not want my kids going here

Posted January 20, 2014
My daughter graduated in 2011 and my son will in 2014. I have found this High School to be an inspiration that other districts should model themselves upon. Teachers are involved and really seem to care about the students. They have a zero tolerance policy on bullying, which is outstanding. Not every kid can be the jock or the cheerleader and, in this school, nobody is made to feel less than equal because their strengths may lie elsewhere. My kids have both had issues with their grades that were entirely due to their own laziness and the teachers and guidance counselors were in almost daily contact with me, until the problems were resolved. My daughter is now in her 4th semester of college and has a 4.0. I think that pretty much says it all, when a kid is made to do a 360 from almost failing to graduating with good grades to excelling in college. That tells you what having great teachers, an involved district and parental monitoring can do to encourage a child onto the right path. Great music & art programs, lots of clubs & activities, the student plays are Broadway quality. I plan to attend the shows long after my son graduates (neither of my children were in theater, btw).

Posted July 27, 2013
My daughter is graduating Lindenhurst High School next year with 95+ grade average. She is been doing great in the school. I am very happy with the school and they don't allow bullying.

Posted September 14, 2012
I used this site when I decided I'd be OK with moving to here from Massapequa. I'm currently a sophomore here (I did 9th here, too)...and I think LHS is very OVERRATED on this site. i kinda wanna laugh when I read some of these reviews. The teachers are great, true. however, the district seems to push sports. I found out that the HS sports are getting new uniforms (school color change), even though they cut a lot of academic things this year. makes no sense to me. Other negatives: the halls are packed, the school is pretty drug-tolerant, and there are threats pretty often ,...on the positive side, this school is diverse and the students are nice...pequa was very undiverse and the students were brats. The school has a pool. The Drama Club's great. I really LIKE this school district better than pequa., but the academic quality is lower. I really wish we had a bigger Science Olympiad team...but looks like the team is gonna get bigger :). if you like sports you'll like this school. The schools special ed is supposedly good. You might not like this school if you're academic-oriented. Oh and the cheerleading team placed 11th in the NATION. How is that not a highlight?!?

Lindenhurst Senior High School 4

Posted September 17, 2011
Great school! The principle has a great relationship with his students & parents. Most teachers are invested in the students. Only problem is the guidance dept. Not good with parental involvement or preparing students & parents for the process of getting ready for college. I recieved more information from other parents. When I approached the director fo guidance for the district, she was condecending & defensive & not helpful. I have 3 students there & they are happy there.

Posted May 16, 2011
The Lindenhurst School System is one of the Best Kept SECRETS on Long Island. The Schools ( K - thru High School ) are Above Standard.They Produce an Excellent Product - Their Students are Very Productive in Life. Both my son and daughter are sucessful..The Lindenhurst School System forms a bond with the Parents, to monitor the childs progress.Clean and Maintained buildings, School Sports and after school activities are at a high level. All this from a Middle Class Base.

Posted September 16, 2009
They have so many exciting non traditional classes, like Marine Biology.

Lindenhurst Senior High School
300 Charles Street, Lindenhurst, NY  11757
Last modified Lindenhurst Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lindenhurst Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top