Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 31, 2015
The teachers love their students all of their students. I have seen these teachers go above and beyond to make each student feel accepted. They point out strengths instead of weaknesses to their students and that is everything in building a child to be successful.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 31, 2015
Granted my son is one of those students who struggles with everything I also have a daughter who attends. I feel the homework for the 2 of them is fair and reasonable. While sometimes it may not seem as such for us parents but that's only because we have to find a way to structure into our evening routine.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted May 31, 2015
I believe that they do however some students need more one on one interaction and recognition than other students in order to maintain. Of you have a child who gets overwhelmed very easily and shuts down some staff members I think while trained in Special needs tend to treat this as laziness. Now I know from experience I have seen some wonderful teachers who exemplify this very well and others fair. However it is all about communication if you point it out they do take more precautions to identify better with the students.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted May 31, 2015
The staff communicates to students on their own level. They talk with them and help with problem solving.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 31, 2015
They are always teaching kids about Rising Stars behavior. They give out good tickets as recognition for going out of their way to help one another.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 31, 2015
I simply love Starpoint. As a parent who has lived in several different cities and state Starpoint is simply one of the best schools I've been involved with. Now I have 2 grown up children and 2 younger school aged children. This school puts the needs of the children on a high priority. The staff is patient and very interactive with the students and their families. I am a very involved mom and have been in schools where the staff was unhappy to see me come in the door. The special education staff is tremendously helpful. The PTA is very involved and always has functions and gimmicks going not only for the students bit the community. I love this school so much that I don't care if I had to live in a cardboard box I will do whatever is necessary to keep my children here. They truly believe in their students and taking necessary steps to ensure not just a valuable education but promote independence and self confidence.

Starpoint Intermediate School 5

Posted November 15, 2013
My son who is now in fourth grade has just began taking class at Regan. I have never seen him so happy. His performance has doubled in the 1 1/2 months that he has already been there for. His test grades are much higher his math abilities has increased tremendously and he looks forward to getting up in the morning and going to school. They offer extra curricular activities that he has access to before school begins and he takes advantage of them. He gets himself up and dressed in the morning and wants to walk to the bus stop instead of waiting for me to drive him there. I am so proud of his progress and the short amount of time he has achieved it in. The staff has gone above and beyond and worked quickly and diligently to make appropriate accommodations for him to succeed. Thank You for being a great sigh of relief for us!

Starpoint Intermediate School 5

Posted February 03, 2007
Starpoint does not ever put any child in harms way. The allegations of fumes, and toxic anything were verified to NOT BE TRUE. The district has consistently high achieving students, who are socially and politically involved in the communities this district serves. The teachers and administrators are NOT among the highest paid in Niagara county! Education, Safety, Community, and Fiscal responsibility are of paramount importance to this district. Both my children have grown not only academically but in school spirit and more important community PRIDE with a sense of RESPONSIBILITY. The Starpoint School District made this all possible with their commitment to excellence!

Starpoint Intermediate School 4

Posted December 28, 2005
My son has been attending Starpoint since Kindergarten. Henhas not only thived as a student academically but has become socially interactive especially this year in 3rd grade. His teachers have been wonderful..that just may be luck. I attended the Kenton scool district....and there is no comparison.

Starpoint Intermediate School 4

Posted April 12, 2004
Point/counterpoint some parents can only complain, if there are no issues they will create one. Starpoint is far from perfect but I feel my children are safe, and are receiving a good education. An ongoing contract impass is raising the tension level. Radical parents such as the previous commenter only add to the ill feelings.

4363 Mapleton Road, Lockport, NY  14094
Last modified Starpoint Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.