Lockport, NY

Posted November 15, 2013
I love this school. We initially were in West Seneca when my children started school. Then we moved to South Buffalo and you want to talk about a culture shock well.... We moved to Star Point this year and it is so much better again. The school is on point. My second grader is not ignored she gets her homework the teacher reports every night in an agenda book supplied by the school and communicates everything needed. My daughter is challenged if the work becomes to easy they move her to something more advanced based on her needs. They have also ensured that the necessary tools are in place for her to achieve at the higher level she progresses to. There is a program on the computer that parents can use to follow their children's progress for the week.. Moving here has been a sigh of relief to me and to my children. This is the happiest they have been in a while. Also when I walked into the office the first day to get her started the staff was very friendly and attentive and made us feel; very welcomed. The principal had a 20 minute conversation with the kids at their level. This was very important to see for me. It wasn't all about business.

Fricano Primary School 2

Posted July 19, 2013
Have any of you walked in there in the morning before classes? It's as if the children are rioting. I would never place my child in such a disheveled environment. Also I have children that attended a top rated private school and my best friend has a child in the same grade as one of mine. Comparatively speaking fricano gave no homework while my child had an hour a night, my child excelled at reading, writing, math and most importantly general moral while the child attending fricano had so much time free nightly she didn't flourish because there were no expectations of excellence from the school, unfortunately the parents expectations are lacking as well. Please note the children in this district are allowed to dress like hussies at a very young age. If you're looking for a riotous, over indulged and underdressed school experience lacking strong moral values as well as academic expectations for your child then fricano is the place for you. I moved out of district to avoid ever putting my child in this high school when the time comes.

Fricano Primary School 0

Posted April 12, 2010
This is my first year with a child at Fricano. I have had very positive experience with the school and all staff. My daughter is doing great in her class and I feel is getting the academic attention that she needs. Her teacher is easy to talk to and communicates openly. She is interested and shows a genuine concern for how her class is doing.

Posted June 27, 2007
the teachers are excellent- caring, involved and enthusiastic. it's a positive learning environment.

Posted October 24, 2006
- a staff

Posted January 26, 2006
Music, art, library, computer, critical thinking, phys. ed, P.I.P., gymnastics all available in school. A Headstart Program is also supposed to be beginning.

Posted August 26, 2003
principal, guidence councilers, teachers, parents. are all very involved with each child.homework begins in kindergarden. behavior and safety are looked at very carefully. very hard not to graduate with a regents diploma.parents know how their child is doing in school.

Fricano Primary School