Bad
Good

Posted April 26, 2013
Staff, principle and teacher in charge are wonderful. Kids seem to be friendly and happy and learn not only academics but how to be good and honorable people.

Posted March 26, 2013
west is awesome i go to west and i am in the 5th grade and i been going there for 6 years already and with my experince west is a great school

Posted October 21, 2010
West is a good school. They are caring and kind and this shows in the children. I don't feel they are great at challenging the brightest students, and there are many. I feel the need to seek outside enrichment for my children. I am hoping the latest strategies implemented by the district will require teachers to differentiate better. I do think staff is capable. I think the PTA is wonderful. Parents need to be more involved, no matter where they send their children to school.

Posted September 30, 2009
West is the Best! The Staff, the kids and the hardworking PTA are amazing! I love everything about it!

Posted September 28, 2009
'West is the Best' is our motto!We believe in an educationn with fun attitude. we expect success and we achieve it . Safety, nurturing, responsibility and a no bullying concept set our path. It is a great team of educators and a working hard PTA. We encourage our children everyday and strive as a force to enrich all facets of learning.

Posted March 22, 2009
I love west school. The teachers, faculty, staff, pta, children....everything about it. I have 2 children there now and 2 more on their way.

Posted July 20, 2007
This school has a wonderful vibe and environment. It is a little haven for our kids. I have two children at West School and they feel so at home and are getting a terrific academic start. The art and music programs are extraudinary. I think it is funny that some people from our community will judge this school as a lesser quality school due to it's location, lack of parking or lack of grass...but let's keep it our secret because inside the building at West School...it feels like a little private school!

West Elementary School 4

Posted February 20, 2007
All four of my children have attended West, two graduates & two presently attending. West is a warm nurturing environment very conducive to learning. There is a wonderful art & music program which enable the children to experience all aspects of the arts. Academically the children are well prepared and with being such a small school there is much individual attention received. I do wish there were more 'new' parent involvement, instead of the same group always volunteering...who are all wonderful! West is Best!

Posted October 06, 2003
Staff prepares students for the world ahead of them. The school excels in academics, arts and technology. West prides itself on being a 'family'. Of the choices in Long Beach West is the best!

Posted September 09, 2003
My daughter has been going to West school since kindergarten, she is now in 5th grade and loves her school. She says she feel secure in her school. It is a very tight knit school and she gets a lot of indiviual attention. There is a real sense of community at West Elementary School. She loves it. As her mother I get a feeling of security myself knowing my child is in a safe and nuturing environment while learning.

91 Maryland Avenue, Long Beach, NY  11561
Last modified West Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.