Public charter
Long Island City, NY
After care: No

Posted April 17, 2014
My school is VOICE. I have two children in the school and I am very pleased at how much they have learned and how cooperative and supportive the teachers and staff are. They are all very involved and make the success of the children, their number one priority. I have always felt that they are interested in working with the parent as an integral member of their team. They have daily music classes, art classes and PE a few times a week and the kids are engaged.

Posted October 24, 2013
Voice is a special school, personal and very attentive to every child. Mr . Headley demonstrates his care for parents and children, the school introduces treaching with music. Care, purpose and creative ways of learning . I rate this school an A plus.

Posted September 10, 2013
Our son has been at Voice since its first kindergarten class (now in 5th grade) and our daughter started there two years later (now in third). We love the school's philosophy as well as the helpful can-do attitude of its teachers and staff. The teachers have been almost uniformly excellent, always clear in their communications with us and willing to try new things in order to foster each individual child. When our son exhibited some physical difficulties with writing, they were quick to offer OT/PT to help and to offer an assistive device (keyboard) as well. The one teacher we were not crazy about was eventually not asked to come back (try *that* at a union-controlled NY City school!). Overall I think VOICE is an excellent school -- not perfect by any means (what school is?) -- but much better than our locally zoned NYC public school and it holds its own with the other charter schools in Queens.

Posted June 14, 2013
I beleive that the core of a school's success ultimately depends on the vision of its leader-the Principal. And I have no hesitation in saying that Mr. Headley, the Principal has all the qualities of a great leader with an incredible knack and passion to bring success about success. Mr. Headley listens to your concerns and makes it a priority to resolve any problems that you may have. The school has been really good at expanding extra-curricular activities that expose my child to so many learning opportunities. I am very glad that my child attends VOICE! If you care about your child's education, and are a responsible parent, VOICE CS is the right school for your child/children.

Posted June 13, 2013
My child just got accepted to the Voice school. Can any parents who currently have their child in the school give us a little more insight as to the combination of academics and music guidelines and overall if they are very happy with their child attending the Voice school? Thank you kindly.

Posted August 12, 2012
Fantastic school. Great principal and teachers. My kids are learning over my expectations. Can gladly recommend

Posted April 24, 2012
Can anyone expand on how the 2011-2012 schol year at Voice is so far? after a couple years having some issues. My child was selected on the lottery process for next year K, I am eager to know.

Posted July 21, 2011
Music program is unparallel to any other public school in the city. The school does need a better handle on discipline and handling children who are more academically advanced. Still, I absolutely love sending my child here and feel so lucky that my child was accepted. The parent assocation has undergone many changes and they are definitely making things better but there is a severa lack of parent involvement especially in the older grades.

Voice Charter School of New York 2

Posted February 04, 2011
While there are some good teachers at Voice, they do have a practice of hiring inexperienced teachers that do not know how to deal with children that struggle academically and socially in the school. They isolate and suspend kindergarteners and 1st graders that they consider torublemakers. Mr. Headley should invest in child development course for some of the teachers so that they will be better equipped to handle these students. That being said, their music curriculum is excellent.

Voice Charter School of New York 3

Posted December 09, 2010
The curriculum is very traditional and still developing. Neatness, order and discipline are often a challenge. Sharing space with PS 111 means we get the left overs. The music program is very good, the music instructors are excellent.

Voice Charter School of New York
36-24 12th St., Long Island City, NY  11106
Last modified Voice Charter School of New York is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Voice Charter School of New York Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top