Posted September 15, 2014
I honestly like this school. It's awesome and the teachers are friendly. But it's just that most guys here are kinda immature. I don't mean to speak badly about the school, but most guys don't give respect to females. Even if you wear a sweater and always keep yourself covered you still don't get respected. The programs here are great. learning about all the stuff dealing in the aviation industry. Most teachers are friendly and funny.

Posted September 11, 2014
My son graduated from Aviation High School in 2014. He not only gained a good education and technical skills but also learnt life skills to last him a lifetime; like discipline and hard work pays off. The principal, Mr. Charalambous, is an awesome leader who truly cares about the students success and well-being. There is a general feeling at this school of caring and co-operation with parents. Ms Diva Morillo is an awesome parent co-ordinator! Thank you all at AVHS! It was worth the long school days.

Posted April 18, 2013
I graduated from Aviation HS in 1965, the school provided an excellent platform for a career in the aviation field. I never took full advantage of this wonderful opportunity, but after graduation I enlisted in the Air Force, and served as a B-52 crew chief during the height of the Vietnam war. After 4 years I returned to civilian life bounced around for awhile in numerous jobs in the technical area. I landed a job in the television broadcast field, as an engineer where I had a very successful 31 year career. I didn't end up in the field of aviation, but the technical background I received at Aviation HS gave me a great platform for all I did later.

Posted October 10, 2012
I am currently a senior in Aviation High. I just want to say that here If where things can really take off for your aviation career no matter what you are going into.The licences the school gives when you pass their demanding courses and exams can put you ahead of others coming out of a regular high school. When you come here you must realize he opportunity you have been given over most other high schools in NYC or even the united states. I will be going for my Power plant license and I just want to say THANK YOU AVIATION FOR EVERYTHING : )

Posted November 02, 2011
Excellent teachers, excellent communication with the parents and alumni, I'm very grateful with Aviation Career and Technical High School

Posted June 16, 2011
I am a Junior in this school. Wow gotta say this school is awsome. It keeps me so interested because i want to pursue a career in aerospace engineering. hands down by far the best school in the nation. you will graduate from this school and start making more money than anyone among you. that's if you complete the rigorous course of course. you get two licenses Airframe and Powerplant. You will graduate with Airframe as a senior. Powerplant is optional. you have to go to fifth year to get your Powerplant license. Plus this school offers an internship which is only reserved for the top 24 graduates!

Posted October 01, 2010
I am just a sophomore in the school, if all goes well I should graduate in 2013. This school is great because of its Aviation based technical education. We do hands-on work. Like I said, I am sophomore so I don't too much about the school but if you are dedicated it will turn out great for you. Our schedules are longer than normal high because of the shop(AMT courses), so don't expect to go home early specially when you are a sophomore and junior. Seniors and freshmen have better schedule mostly 8 periods each day accept for lab days. We have a lot of clubs and activities. The most known extra program in our school is the AFJROTC, as well as Color Guard. So basically if you want to pursue an Aviation career and have no problems with a longer schedule this is the perfect school.

Posted July 20, 2010
Great School, but only if if you have any interest in pursuing a career in Aviation/ Engineering. If not, I advise you NOT to attend this school. Trust me, i am experiencing this right now . From an unbiased point of view, the school has done its part in letting students experience hands-on work and gives you a small feel of what life as an AMT would be. Take full advantage of it while you're here, for you can end up with your Airframe/ Powerplant license worth a lot of money. As for academics, they need improvement. This school is so busy with their shop section (which usually lacks adequate tools because of budget) they tend to forget about the academics section, and their needs with books, etc. Teachers vary. Some are excellent and some I question how they were hired. Students are friendly for the most part and diverse.

Aviation Career and Technical High School 1

Posted October 30, 2009

Aviation Career and Technical High School 0

Posted September 25, 2009
the mixture of cultures,and the willingness of the teachers and student to learn and share their knowledge.

Aviation Career and Technical High School
45-30 36th St, Long Island City, NY  11101
(718) 361-2032
Last modified Aviation Career and Technical High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Aviation Career and Technical High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top