Posted September 23, 2013
This is a nurturing community/school. My child is very happy, is learning, has great teachers and lots of enrichment. The school is always trying to improve and is very accessible. Lots of engaged parents, too and a very diverse community.

Posted October 13, 2011
This school is a gem and serves a very diverse population, both in terms of backgrounds and learning styles. It has ELL, Special Ed, General Ed and G and T and the school embraces them all. The principal is straightforward and accessible, the teachers are caring and engaging. My child is in the gifted program and her teachers have been fantastic. I think all children are valued and the school is not afraid to incorporate technology and new approaches to learning. There is a great science lab/teacher, music, robotics, chess, etc. and also a great afterschool program, Serious Fun. Couldn't be happier. It's a special place where children are happy!

Posted May 16, 2010
my son is in 1st grade and my daughter also graduated 5th grade from here. I am so satisfied and school staff is so professional helpful and friendly. my son is in good enviornment in ps-85 school.

Posted May 07, 2010

Posted May 05, 2010
P.S. 85 is a wonderful school with great teachers and the best after school programs. Great learning environment for the students and parents.

Posted May 05, 2010
My daughter absoulutely loves this school. The teachers and staff are outstanding and the ciriculum is fantastic. I would gladly recommend this scholl to anyone.

Posted May 05, 2010
This school is dedicated to the children in all aspects. Teachers are 100% in my book. My daughter has been in the school since Pre-K and even before that she wanted to be in this school. It's like a family to us.

Posted May 04, 2010
My daughter is in the STEM Program and she absolutely loves it as well as her teachers.

Posted May 04, 2010
The school is good and the staff helpful. The commute is a beast however.

Posted May 04, 2010
My son is in the second grade at PS 85. His teacher, Ms. D'Angelo, is a true gift to education, this school and our community.

Ps 85 Judge Charles Vallone
23-70 31st St, Long Island City, NY  11105
Last modified Ps 85 Judge Charles Vallone is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 85 Judge Charles Vallone Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 25 reviews.