Long Island, NY
After care: No

Posted March 01, 2014
My daughter entered Sappo as a junior. She has ADD and a language processing disability. She was losing confidence and self esteem. She was passing all her regents classes but struggling and needed tutors to review the work. She will graduate in June and is a new person. She was accepted to many colleges and has decided on Cabrini college in PA. This school was worth every penny.

Posted July 19, 2010
I have been teaching at Sappo School for several years now. Having come from a public school setting as a permanent substitute teacher and a leave replacement, I can tell you that there is a big difference. In public schools it is easy for a child to get lost in the crowd. And most children feel ashamed if they are having difficulties. They will sit quietly and try to just get by the best they can instead of seeking help. When you have 30+ students per class, it is easy for some to go unnoticed. In Sappo School, the class sizes average about 8 students per class. So not only can we see if someone is having difficulties we can also do something about it right away. The students are much more comfortable seeking out help as well. Knowing your student is the key. After all, it is all about them.

Posted July 15, 2010
I started Sappo School back in 2008. Before it I wasn't sure I would go to college and my outlooks on the future were grim. One year there changed my whole idea of living a successful and active life. I currently just finished my first year of college and am looking forward to a great career.

Posted July 15, 2010
The Sappo School......a hidden gem on Long Island. Mrs. Sappo and the teachers are wonderful and truly bring out the best in each student. Whether your child is in the private or special ed program they will thrive in this unique and nurturing environment. In our opinion, worth every penny!

Posted July 14, 2010
My daughter is considered highly gifted, and she's received an excellent education at Sappo School. I can't say enough good things about this school--it's good for all kinds of students and respects each child's learning style.

Sappo School 4

Posted July 14, 2010
My son recently started at Sappo and I cannot say enough good things about the program. My son had refused to do anything in school for the past several years. After only 2 1/2 months at Sappo he did more academically than he has in five years. It is because there program is designed to meet his needs and work around him not the other way around.

Posted June 15, 2010
The previous review is not true at all! I am a high IQ student, who was part of the honor program at Sappo. While I was there I scored a 95 on my English Regents, 91 on English Regents and in the 80's for all the other ones. I went on to college and joined the honors program there and was part of the honors society. If Sappo wasnt teaching to high standards I would not be such a success today

Posted January 19, 2010

Sappo School 1

Posted March 19, 2009

Sappo School 0

Posted March 11, 2008
I agree with the negative review written about the school in 2005, things are not the way they are presented when you first are seeing the school. Different ages are crammed together and not being taught to the intelligence of each student - the curriculum is way below the same age curriculum at public school. They talk the talk, but do not walk the walk.

Sappo School