Mahopac, NY
Students enrolled: 1,722

Mahopac High School 3

Posted December 12, 2014
I am now a sophmore in mhs. Because I am a Asian American in a mostly white school, I do feel some discrimination, even if its not flat out racism. I think the school doesnt address racism to minorities other than african americans enough. Many students are very ignorant of other cultures. There are many bad teachers, but that cant be helped because it's like that everywhere. Don't get me wrong, there are also some amazing teachers. I recognize that this school has many great things about it and opportunities. I hope that the school can improve.

Posted November 19, 2014
A wonderful school! We were going to go private but we are glad we didn't . Our oldest is now in medical school.

Posted September 19, 2014
Excellent school, great community involvement. I know many students and they are all excellent people and speak very highly of MHS.

Posted April 21, 2014
Both my daughters attended Mahopac High School and went on to top colleges. This school district is an excellent value for the taxes you pay. Teachers were dedicated, many high-quality AP courses were offered, and the extra curricular activities offered were outstanding. I am extremely happy with the education my children received here.

Posted April 16, 2014
Great school, dedicated staff. Offers a broad range of classes. Many opportunities for all students.

Posted April 03, 2014
A wonderful place to educate your children. Lots of opportunities for children and a close, caring community. Mahopac is a lovely town.

Posted February 25, 2014
The Mahopac School district has been good to our family. We expect to get out of it what we have put in. My wife and I spend time with our children on a daily basis reviewing and overseeing, but we are overall happy with our results. The football and sports programs are also well run. There is a real sense of community, straight forward and at least you know what your getting.

Posted March 26, 2013
Quality of education at the high school is nowhere near proportional to the amount of taxes paid by homeowners in Mahopac. The establishment of older teachers without proper motivation for performance keeps bringing down the quality of education there. We purchased a house here motivated in a big part by the advertised "Blue Ribbon" school system, but we are terribly disappointed by the reality...We are seriously considering moving back to Westchester before our older son goes to high school here in Mahopac.

Posted January 23, 2013
the biggest mistake I have made is switching my children from a private school to Mahopac High School. I have had nothing but trouble in this school. my daughter is a senior and now it's tooo late to switch her back. I would not recommend this school district to anyone. They call themselves blue ribbon schools. They haven't been blue ribbon since the 90's.

Posted December 09, 2010
This school cannot offer kids anything. They do not have enough teachers for the kids that they have. Most classes are unavailable to take because of the reduced teachers. They have 5 principles which is obviously not needed. They spend money on building a new entrance rather then hiring more teachers. I would not recommend this school.

Mahopac High School
421 Baldwin Place Road, Mahopac, NY  10541
Last modified Mahopac High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mahopac High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top