Posted February 24, 2014
My child attends MAS, and we have experienced nothing but excellence. We are very critical, and had some concerns going into it, but the school has proven just how high their standards are.

Posted April 06, 2011
I have been a parent of 3 chldren attending Mam'k Ave School for 10 years. Those who say it has a special warmth,diversity and character are correct. Those who say the teachers, admin and staff are top notch are similarly correct. There are those who will look at the "7" and see less than all of above. I wish the ratings were based on more than test scores, since there is so much more to a school. However, MAS' population is about 60% low income and so, it is difficult for many of the ESL students or students of ESLparents to do as well on testing. But, as a parent, you need to know that the benefits of having your child in a very diverse environment far outweigh the benefits of a "10" all white/upper income school,epecially if the educational value is the same. (The curriculum is the same at all 4 Mam'k School District elem schools.) Specifically, my 3 children are all "A+" students and the two who have moved on to Middle School (which the other 3 mostly white/upper income elem schools feed into) are STILL "A+" students. All of the schools in the Mamk School District are wonderful, but do not fear the diversity of MAS! (And we have the best ethnic foods at our fair!!)

Posted April 18, 2010
Mamaroneck Avenue School is one of the most diverse schools in Westchester. Their reading program is excellent. My kids were all reading well by the age 5. When we were trying to buy a slightly bigger house, she was not willing to move 5 blocks away since it will put us in a different school. Th e cooperation among the parents brought out by the faculty for any function is amazing. Another interesting thing is that a lot of the teachers in the school district pick Mamaroneck Avenue school for their kids primary school, although they teach at different schools.

Posted April 16, 2010
When a parent sends their child to school, especially grammar school age, they want to feel confident that their child is being taken care of. Aside from receiving a great education, the administration and faculty at Mamaroneck Ave. School gives our children the care and guidance that comes from the heart. It is reassuring to know that the second home of our children is Mamaroneck Avenue School and we leave them with wonderful caregivers every day!

Posted November 09, 2009
This is definitely a school that has the students' learning at the top of the list. Superb teaching, a warm and caring enviroment and extreme involvement in the childrens' lives is what makes Mamaroneck Avenue school stand out. Very happy to have my child attend this school; keep up the good work!

Posted October 29, 2009
MAS has a extemely welcoming and nurturing envirnoment. The staff work very hard to meet the needs of all the children and their families

Posted October 29, 2009
Beacause of its diversity - its the real world and I think that my chidlren learned how to be social and respectful of others despite race, religion and culture.

Posted October 05, 2009
it has been great for my kids and the teachers are fantastic

Posted September 15, 2009
Carrie Amon, Principal, is unbelievably dedicated to the health, education and well-being of every student and staff member in Mamaroneck Avenue School. My kids are no longer in the school and I still feel it is an amazing place every time I go back to help or visit.

Posted July 29, 2009
We're very impressed with the quality of MAS. The teachers are a wonderful balance of experienced and enthusiastic and the principal is the best in the district.

Mamaroneck Avenue School
850 Mamaroneck Avenue, Mamaroneck, NY  10543
Last modified Mamaroneck Avenue School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mamaroneck Avenue School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top