No rating

St Mary's College Prepartory High School

Private | 9-12 | 679 students

Living in Manhasset

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $1,108,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,790.

Posted April 13, 2012

As a high school teacher in a top long island public school I send my son to St. Mary's HS. It is a wonderfully, small nuturing environment. Academically as strong as the other Catholic counterparts with very up to date technology, and they are actually stronger than many other Catholic schools with many new computers,(accessable all over both campuses). The new iPad's given to every incoming Freshman makes St. Mary's stand out among all schools, public, catholic and private. The teachers have been properly trained to integrate the ipads to the schools smart boards (found in every classroom). The public school I teach in is just started this process. Look at this school and see the difference with the updated science labs which none of the "big" catholic schools on LI have. I taught in one of the "big" schools many years ago with old labs and classrooms, and guess what...it is still the same!! They have not updated anything? You are going to pay tuition for that? From a high level HS teacher I am telling you....these days it is all about technology, science and math...pick your school wisely and spend your money wisely. Small school, more personal attention.

Posted August 15, 2011

St. Mary s College Preparatory High School makes each student feel welcome. The exciting summer freshman orientation camp in New Hampshire gets students involved even before classes begin. At the school, staff member are caring and dedicated; they are accessible and helpful. Students and parents are kept well informed with homework, attendance, grades and other information posted online and with automated phone calls. Differentiation (Regular, Honors, AP classes) provides coursework at the proper level. In addition, the students benefit from year-round extra help sessions and Regents review classes. Most important is St. Mary s focus on the whole child. With the personal attention given, students are able to voice their concerns, ask for help, seek guidance and share their ideas and talents. Participation in after-school activities is encouraged and valued. St. Mary s H.S. is a safe, warm environment, where our teens are not just prepared for college, but also prepared for life.

Posted May 18, 2011

As a student I must say I have loved all four years of my high school career at St. Mary's. The challenging academic curriculum with numerous Advanced Placement and Honors courses provides students with preparation for college while also getting college credit for several courses. With unique programs like the Scholar Service Institute (SSI), St. Mary's encourages students to be involved in the school comunity and the local community as well. St. Mary's is a small and VERY tight-knit community. When people say we are a family, we truly mean, we ARE A FAMILY. Please come visit our school, if you are looking for a school where your child will excel and do their very best academically and socially. Don't bring your child here if they do not look to do their very best academically. The school looks for students to strive to do their best, not to have students who do not care for their future. I hope you chose to bring your child here. Good luck!
—Submitted by a student

Posted January 16, 2009

If you think a 0 tolerance policy for drugs and alcohol and detention for incomplete homework are excessively strict, by all means don't send your kids here. But if you want your kids to thrive in a safe, nurturing, challenging environment, then its worth every penny. Every student I've ever known who has gone here has done well, graduated and gone on to college and lead a successful life. Great school.

Posted December 5, 2008

I am a very pleased with St Mary's High School. St Mary's is small enough that all children are noticed for their strengths and large enough to learn and develope social skills. My daughter has had only a positive experience and as a parent I have only good words for St Mary's. We are very happy wih our decision to send our daughter to St Mary's and soon our son.

Posted November 20, 2008

St. Mary's is a wonderful school. It provides a caring, nurturing environment for the student. An all grade campus with teachers and faculty who really care for student. A hands on principal who knows all the kids by their first names. For the detractors who say the school is too strict, they haven't been inside a public school where its kaos most of the time. One of the very best decisions I have made was to send my son to St. Mary's. A decision I will never regret.

Posted October 9, 2008

My son just started St Marys this year and we are very happy so far. Freshman camp in August was a wonderful way to get aquianted with other freshman and upper class men. The Marianist Catholic Values of this school were a key factor in chosing a Catholic School education for my child, and you can see it in the manners and mutual respect that the students show to themselves and others.

Posted September 24, 2008

Its a great school and is very diverse with the children that go there. I send my kids there and im happy with it and so are they.

Posted September 10, 2008

Do not join this school it is to strict for the kids and the teachers are not very nice. Its like millitary school i went there and i sure didnt like it. The parents say its good because their kids listen but when your in the school its not fum and it makes kids not like school.

Posted January 19, 2007

Two of my children have gone to St. Mary's and the third is on her way. 'Excellent' is insufficient praise for this school. The facility is lovely, the faculty is extremely dedicated, the curriculum is challenging and the administration provides strong leadership and discipline. This is all accomplished in a setting that has a family-like atmosphere. The highest accolades for SMHS!

Posted January 31, 2006

clean school.children well behaved.excellent reputation.

Posted August 28, 2003

I'm a graduate from St. Mary's High School and I would recommend this great school to any parent or potential student. St. Mary's prepared me for college and the rest of my life. Additionally, your interest is hockey this is the high school.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted August 26, 2003

My son will be a Senior and I have nothing but praise for St. Mary's. A wonderful school, a terrific environment, great sports and more importantly a caring faculty. I recommend St. Mary's highly

Posted August 24, 2003

St. Marys helped me gain the skills I needed to gain acceptance into Villanova University and Syracuse University School of Law. St. Marys is a great place to be! -Class of 1994
—Submitted by a former student

Posted August 10, 2003

this is a wonderful high school... teachers really care about their students....they will go out of their way to help them.

Asian 15% N/A
Two or more races 5% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 6%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Jonathan D. Kramer
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• College preparatory
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Rockville Centre

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

51 Clapham Avenue