9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

St Mary's College Prepartory High School 4

Posted June 09, 2016
I am happy with St. Mary's. The education the children get a good. There is always extra help offered before and after school. The teachers are great. there are plenty of activities and clubs to choose from.

Posted November 20, 2015
We could not be happier with the environment and education at St. Mary's. We have the utmost confidence in the teachers and administration. Our son has never been happier and his attitude towards school has become positive and even- dare I say- enthusiastic. The community at St. Mary's is very supportive and we are so pleased.

Posted June 30, 2015
Loved all four years spent at St. Mary's. It was a great dynamic of teachers and students.

St Mary's College Prepartory High School 1

Posted March 26, 2015
All I can say is that I am disappointed. Our daughter took the TACHS test and got into all 3 choices of schools. We decided to go with Saint Mary's. She did not earn a high enough mark for a scholarship. We were a little concern with cost. We live in the NYC school district and would not find out what school our daughter would get into until beginning of March. Saint Mary's made us pay fees to retain our spot at the school at the end of January. I totally understand the $300 fee to hold your seat. In total I paid $1000 in fees for things like gym uniforms, calculators, retreat fees, book fees, Ipad usage fees, and ipad insurance fees, parent association fees, etc. Was just told that they would not reimburse any of it. Like I said I understand the $300 deposit fee, but really you aren't willing to reimburse us for fees for things that we won't even be using. It is sad, because they are a business and I am sure they aren't hurting for money.

Posted February 25, 2015
Have nothing but praise for the faculty and staff. Students are cared for and my second daughter will be graduating with over $20,000 in scholarship to her 1st choice college. The educational experience is second to none.

St Mary's College Prepartory High School 1

Posted January 16, 2015
We attended the open house, it looked promising. My son made this school his first choice, then he decided to have a shadow day there. Upon arriving two girls began mocking him as he entered the building, ok I thought, kids will be kids. Brushed it off and went to the main office where a woman was on her computer, we waited to be acknowledged. We waited a little more. Without looking up she said "Yeess" I said Good Morning she gave me a looked of death,I told her I was leaving my son for a shadow day. Attitude changed a little and she had another student escort him out. I left, while walking to my car two boys were behind me as a girl approached them they blocked her path and demanded she lift her skirt to get by, maybe because I was watching them they eased up and let her pass. This was more than just kids being kids, this was scary. I thought about telling the principle he owed me has money for the waste it was to bring my child there, but it was not a waste, had we only relied on the open house day and not a shadow day we would have never known what a disaster this school is. Shadowed at St Doms and St Anthonys had fantastic experiences.

Posted April 13, 2012
As a high school teacher in a top long island public school I send my son to St. Mary's HS. It is a wonderfully, small nuturing environment. Academically as strong as the other Catholic counterparts with very up to date technology, and they are actually stronger than many other Catholic schools with many new computers,(accessable all over both campuses). The new iPad's given to every incoming Freshman makes St. Mary's stand out among all schools, public, catholic and private. The teachers have been properly trained to integrate the ipads to the schools smart boards (found in every classroom). The public school I teach in is just started this process. Look at this school and see the difference with the updated science labs which none of the "big" catholic schools on LI have. I taught in one of the "big" schools many years ago with old labs and classrooms, and guess what...it is still the same!! They have not updated anything? You are going to pay tuition for that? From a high level HS teacher I am telling you....these days it is all about technology, science and math...pick your school wisely and spend your money wisely. Small school, more personal attention.

Posted August 15, 2011
St. Mary s College Preparatory High School makes each student feel welcome. The exciting summer freshman orientation camp in New Hampshire gets students involved even before classes begin. At the school, staff member are caring and dedicated; they are accessible and helpful. Students and parents are kept well informed with homework, attendance, grades and other information posted online and with automated phone calls. Differentiation (Regular, Honors, AP classes) provides coursework at the proper level. In addition, the students benefit from year-round extra help sessions and Regents review classes. Most important is St. Mary s focus on the whole child. With the personal attention given, students are able to voice their concerns, ask for help, seek guidance and share their ideas and talents. Participation in after-school activities is encouraged and valued. St. Mary s H.S. is a safe, warm environment, where our teens are not just prepared for college, but also prepared for life.

Posted May 18, 2011
As a student I must say I have loved all four years of my high school career at St. Mary's. The challenging academic curriculum with numerous Advanced Placement and Honors courses provides students with preparation for college while also getting college credit for several courses. With unique programs like the Scholar Service Institute (SSI), St. Mary's encourages students to be involved in the school comunity and the local community as well. St. Mary's is a small and VERY tight-knit community. When people say we are a family, we truly mean, we ARE A FAMILY. Please come visit our school, if you are looking for a school where your child will excel and do their very best academically and socially. Don't bring your child here if they do not look to do their very best academically. The school looks for students to strive to do their best, not to have students who do not care for their future. I hope you chose to bring your child here. Good luck!

Posted January 16, 2009
If you think a 0 tolerance policy for drugs and alcohol and detention for incomplete homework are excessively strict, by all means don't send your kids here. But if you want your kids to thrive in a safe, nurturing, challenging environment, then its worth every penny. Every student I've ever known who has gone here has done well, graduated and gone on to college and lead a successful life. Great school.

St Mary's College Prepartory High School
51 Clapham Avenue, Manhasset, NY  11030
Last modified St Mary's College Prepartory High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12