Public charter
Manhattan, NY

Posted February 17, 2014
My school is Harlem Link Charter School, the little school that could. Harlem Link is a small, independent charter school with modest resources and no connection to the city's powerbrokers. Despite its comparatively low profile, Harlem Link methodically makes incremental gains as a committed and focused school community. Scholars at HL are nurtured and challenged with the goal of maximizing each child's potential. Parents are invited and encouraged to partner with school staff to create an environment that strives to meet the academic and social needs of every student. Of course, like any school, Harlem Link has its flaws: a number of new teachers with limited experience, and some turnover. However, the negatives are far outweighed by the positives. The Harlem Link leadership team and its teaching and support staff give the students their best efforts each and every day. As a result, my son has overcome significant obstacles and achieved critical goals during his four years at Harlem Link: A parent couldn't ask for more.

Posted October 03, 2013
Harlem Link is a great school with a different atmosphere in terms of the staff and building relations. My kids' teachers are so spot on in finding out what they need to become better scholars and actually set a plan to encourage the best learning environment for them. They also give suggestions for what we can do at home to ensure that we are all on the same learning page. Most of the teachers will not hesitate to send a text, call, or email to let me know what is going on with them, which is important to know right away in case I need to have a conversation with my kids about what is expected of them during instructional time. I like that we have alumni services seeing that I now have upper graders and I appreciate that activities are in place to make sure they keep in contact with other students and their favorite teachers long after they would have graduated. My biggest issue though is we don't have strong enough parent involvement, we are not as united as we should be when helping to make decisions in building a better school. Other than that, I am very happy my family has continued to be successful with Harlem Link.

Posted September 26, 2013
I' m amazed how the staff greet the children each morning. Harlem links is a fun friendly learning environment, I am pleased. My son is in kindergarten and he has already show improvements , behavioral and learning skills are better. Every morning he looks forward to walking into the door of Harlem Links. Submitted by a parent

Posted August 29, 2013
HL is an awesome school because of the faculty/staff's dedication to the safety and growth of the students. My son is going into his 4th yr here. The teachers I've personally known have been exceptional in their communication, planning, and care with my son. They have exceeded my expectations every year. I had issues with getting my son motivated in class and during homework and Ms Miller&Ms Trank worked with me on insightful solutions and ideas to help get him on track. They have been flexible and proactive and I can't say enough about the patience and care they've shown. All of his teachers have been awesome. The one thing that is less than awesome to our family is the military style behavior standards. Noise/talking is not tolerated in common areas and they are strict. It creates a very orderly atmosphere which I truly appreciate and also creates a look of rigidity that at first bothered us. I now understand the method and I would caution prospective student families not to judge the entire system negatively if you notice the same thing. The students do not run this school, the staff does, and that is a welcomed change in my opinion to the other schools in the neighborhood.

Posted August 21, 2013
HARLEM LINK CHARTER SCHOOL, the school has a warm family feeling. They are fully equipped to handle kids who suffer from separation anxiety like my son did. The inspire their students to go above and beyond. The teachers are easy to get in touch with and are always willing to listen. I love everything about the school.

Posted August 21, 2013
harlem link is a good school for your children to learn , good teahers and a excellent program. My child is at his last year i hope this year will be a great year for the students.I recomennd tis school for anyone to be part of this school.

Posted May 01, 2013
I am very happy with the school. My daughter is doing great since she entered Harlem Link. I've seen a big change in her.

Posted February 01, 2012
My son been going to this school since 1st grade the teachers & staff are good they let you know ahead of time how your child been doing in school, and it also give parents a opportunity to participate in school .

Posted January 30, 2012
My children attend Harlem Link Charter School and I have to say i'm very impressed by their improvement. The teachers are hands on with each child, and i find that to be great so they know who's stronger in which subject . My son have been Student of the month twice and his grades prove the hard work. All the negative things being said about this school is disgusting and I'm disappointed. I'm very hands on with teachers and staff simply because i want to know whats going on in my child's behavior and academics while I'm not around. It doesn't start at school, IT COMES FROM HOME so don't blame the teachers!!!!!

Posted September 06, 2011
Actually, I went to this site to see what is being said about the school. I understand the concerns from parents. I also see the disciplinary problems that staff deal with every day. While there are parents who are involved and active in the school's parent programs, there are twice as many parents who are not - and who don't bother to come to Parent / Teacher conferences to see what's going on with their children. There is no way and no excuse on this earth that would keep me from being involved in my child's school life. It saddens me to see these children day after day and realize how little the parents actually know about the school and their child's academics.

Harlem Link Charter School
20 West 112th Street, Manhattan, NY  10026
Last modified Harlem Link Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harlem Link Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top