Whitesboro High School 1

Posted November 25, 2013
even the gym teacher got a kick out of itI was in the Whitesboro school system years when Mr Alexander and Mr Adele were employed .I endured bullying throughout my entire years in the school system .this was through late 60's and 70 's hopefully they changed their policies when it comes to handling bullying situations .my name is Kenneth ZanioI was involved in theater very artistic always painting sculpting in the art room with Mr countryman and of course I dressed to the latest trends.Mr Adele Mr Alexanderand let's not forget Ms Welsh in the office always favored the bullies.I'm talking about hands-on bullieing defacing clothing I owned breaking in my locker.if you're not into sports wasn't the school to be in Life is fine with me of course very successful own a nail salon in South Carolina Nails by Ken I'm in excellent shape look much younger than my years workout 5 days a weekand I do believe in karma just want all you kids to know out there that are bullied it gets better much much much better and life goes in cycles you'll be much much more successful than any of the bullies .

Whitesboro High School 4

Posted July 22, 2013
I graduated from Whitesboro and was able to gain acceptance into a fairly well-ranked college & thereafter graduate-school. Overall I had a very good experience and I do feel it was academically able to prepare me for my studies beyond high school. It is not a very racially diverse school, so that is an area I'd like to see improve.

Whitesboro High School 2

Posted August 29, 2012
What can I say? Students in Whitesboro are either very nice or just completely rotten. The sports department focuses WAY too much on Football that it is just sickening. None of the football players are going to make it to the NFL. It surprised me that a student from Whitesboro got recognition in the newspaper for his movie, instead of football. The guidance department is decent, but my daughter has Mr. Everson as a councelor. He is terrible! Doesn't do ANYTHING. and Mrs. Trela Ferlo as a principle is a horrible person and needs to be removed from her position.

Whitesboro High School 1

Posted March 12, 2011
Great teachers, principal is horrific and demeaning to parents ,who in the world gave him that position?

Whitesboro High School 0

Posted October 07, 2009
This school is an absolute snake pit. There are no disiplinary measures taken to correct injustices. I had to remove my child from the school because of bullying and never even heard a word from the principle! Extremely ineffective guidence department.

Whitesboro High School 3

Posted April 11, 2009

Whitesboro High School 5

Posted January 22, 2009

Whitesboro High School 3

Posted October 27, 2008
Transferring to Whitesboro was a bit of a disappointment. ALthouh the sports program is excellent, there is way too much of a focus on football. Other sports don't get the recognition or alumni donations they deserve. The music and art department seems to be adequate with plenty of interest. There are a number of good teachers. Mr Gazitano in the English Dept. and Mrs. Matt, a french teacher are two of the best. Others however, are deffinitely lacking. The dres code should be enforced more vigorously. My first impression was on of shock on the first day of school at the attire of the female population. Interest in clubs like the newspaper is sadly lacking, while the International club is overflowing simply because students want to get out of school activities on foreign exchange student day.

Whitesboro High School 5

Posted June 07, 2006
Teachers in most subjects are amazing but just a few have problems cotrolling children, if you have quiet children who dont talk at all, send them to Whitesboro. Sports programs are amazing though

Whitesboro High School 4

Posted April 07, 2006
Whitesboro high is an adequate school academically but with a somewhat ineffective guidance department. They do have an excellent music department which, in fact, almost makes up for the disciplinary tactics of the vice principal. The overwhelming majority of the art departmnent is also outstanding, almost all of the teachers being very encouraging, supportave, patient, and devoted to their students.The sports program at whitesboro is very good, though most support from the district is dedicated to a few main sports (typical). Our swim team deserves a pool of their own but will probably never get one.Parent involvement is high among those whose children are active in sports or who excel in academics, parents whose children are not don't have the same opportunities for involvement at the high school level- with 'room mothers' no longer in high demand -so participation falls off, though not for lack of interest.

Whitesboro High School
Rt 291, Marcy, NY  13403
Last modified Whitesboro High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Whitesboro High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top