Bad
Good

I hate Marlboro. The high school needs a new principal and better music teachers. Everytime a kid sticks up for themselves because of the way a teacher is to them, the kid gets in trouble when it's the teacher's fault. I think the district needs to get their act together and pay attention to the teachers they have working in the schools.

As a former graduate who is currently a teacher in another local district, I feel that I can accurately attest to the quality of education within the Marlboro Central School District. After reading previous reviews, I can say that when I was a student it was a safe school and still, in comparison with other districts in the Mid-Hudson Valley region that have students enrolled with a similar socio-economic background. After reading reviews about the teaching staff, I can only say this. I absolutely guarantee that Marlboro has the highest percent of teachers who are former graduates of the district. This may be a deciding factor if you are not originally part of this town are are looking into moving here. Many cliques are formed and the small-town feel may become an issue. Although each district has its share of nepotism, having a faculty that lacks diversity often hinders a conducive learning environment. Lastly, I'd like to say before choosing a district, take into account that anyone can review a school and their reviews may bias because of their own experiences.

I graduated from Marlboro a few years ago, I have siblings that are going there now and the school is horrible. To answer some of the other reviews - we grew up in the area and did not "move in" nor were any of us bad students that "didn't put in effort". My siblings and I are all in the top 10-15% or our classes and yeah we still think the school is horrible. Why? 1.) Teachers teach classes they are not qualified for and try to be friends to the students more than teachers. Many times the teacher would say one thing and I would read on the internet or textbook a completely different thing - there are some good ones, but most teachers don't know their stuff. And many times they spend half of the class gossiping with the students about dating or the latest TV shows. 2.) Students are not encouraged to take AP classes or expand their knowledge. AP is offered but students are not challenged to take the courses and in fact are discouraged from the "extra work" if it is not needed for their chosen career (this is not just me but many of my peers experienced this too). 3.) College prep courses are not offered and most students get poor SAT scores and go to second rate colleges

I know that many people complain about Marlboro being too small and too crowded, but I feel that it is a wonderful school. I went to school everyday feeling safe and knowing that I was getting out what I was putting in. If you did the work, you got a lot out of the classes. Most of the teachers were very friendly and willing to help the students. My favorite teachers were always the ones who took the time to get to know, and relate to, the students. I just graduated in 2009, and one day when I have children, I know that I want them to go to Marlboro, or a school very similar to it.

A school is only as good as the effort put into learning. A teacher can't force a student to do homework or study. THAT is on the parents.I am not related to anyone here. My son loves the teachers. Not so much the snotty students but he makes friends with the other kids who are shunned by selfish, bratty, spoiled kids. While dealing with strong emotional problems that got in the way of his learning, the staff got together at MIS and helped me get a teaching schedule together for him of what he needed. He is moving on to MMS this year and is super excited about it. It's not the most super advanced school, but the homeowners in the area would rather spoil their kids than pitch in to make the school better for all. If you are self centered, DON'T MOVE HERE! We have enough, thank you.

I'm assuming that the negative and "narrow-minded" reviews were written by those who have "moved-in- to" the area and were not among those who grew up there and have families who grew up there as well. Granted it is NOT what is WAS, but it's NOT because of the teaching staff or education offered, but more-so due to the fact that kids don't take it seriously anymore. So what if it's "old"..it's a quaint little town...why ruin the little towns and the magic they hold? Education is education, no matter where it is or how modern it is.

I grow increasingly disappointed at the level of education my son receives. Teacher follow through is non-existent. Parent communication does not exist. And because I am not related to anyone here, my son's accomplishments will always be over shadowed by some mediocre kid. Life just aint' fair. My son looks forward to getting out of this place, going to college and moving some place else.

Great teaching staff. (and a nice planetarium :<)

I believe this school is outrageous. The overall appearance of the school resembles that of a school from the 1950's that has not caught up with current advances in technology and education or even proper cleanliness of the school. Most teachers are there just to demand higher salary while doing a poor or mediocre job at teaching. I also believe that being situated in such a small town, the narrow-mindedness and old ways of thinking have sunk into the school, most of its teachers and eventually the students. There needs to be revolutionary changes done to Marlboro High School or else its student will never be successful in the real world, a education facility having the setting close to that of medieval times sending students out into the world of the 21st century? It's preposterous !

This school has given me the skills, knowledge and resources I needed to succeed. I am now a college Junior with an education major.

Last modified Marlboro Central High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.