Maspeth, NY
After care: No

Posted November 30, 2014
This high school is great! The students are respectful and considerate of the neighborhood. My husband and I have seen students from the school cleaning the underpass at 80th street and the grassy area on 57th avenue. The Ridgewood Times printed pictures of a club donating money to a charity. They're great!

Posted June 11, 2014
Listen to the students reviews not the 1 or 2 parents who probably have kids in the school who are not doing well. This is a wonderful school, period !! Yes the staff is young but this school has the most dedicated teachers I have ever seen. And yes the students are wonderful and respectful. Believe me, I have been around a long time.

Posted April 09, 2014
GREEN CLUB MEMBER HONORED AT DOE HEADQUARTERS Congratulations to Maspeth Green Club member Thomas Farrell! Thomas has been honored as one of fifteen winners in the Department of Education's Energy Conservation Calendar Contest. Thomas' artwork was chosen from more than 1200 entries. The piece of art will be featured in June of next year's sustainability calendar, printed for all schools in the DOE. Thomas attended an award ceremony at Tweed Courthouse, the headquarters of Chancellor Farina, and received a certificate and an IPad. Mr. Bell, the MHS Green Club Advisor and Thomas' family were proud to join him at the ceremony.

Posted January 29, 2014
Dear parents and students. Please ignore the commentary you've heard from Maspeth High School in the past. Maspeth is in the process to become one of the best High School in queens. In my opinion they are almost at that level. This school offers great opportunities in achieving. Maspeth is just not a High School but a classical school. why is that? Maspeth offers 3yrs of Latin and hopefully 1yr of Ancient Greek. Not only that but Maspeth offers 4 different types of electives which are; Theater, Art, Dance, and Music (classical). Maspeth high school has over 30 clubs and over 8 varsity that students are able to join. Maspeth those have a strict dress code, which helps the students be prepared for the future. Maspeth has two counselors but to be honest any teacher will always be able to help students when they need help, specially that teachers ages are from mid 20's and high 30's. Maspeth High School prepares the students for college in many ways, and one of the, is the material. Students at Maspeth read over 8 books a year and they are college books. AP (advance placement) classes are offer as well. MASPETH HIGH SCHOOL IS THE SCHOOL YOU NEED TO ACHIEVE!

Posted January 21, 2014
Listen parents, if you have a bad imagine on Maspeth High School because you're concerned on their grades, well you've got it wrong. This school is the best thing that has happened to that area. If your child isn't performing well, then they should attend Office Hours. It is mandatory for the teacher to be in their office hours even if no student shows up sometimes they stay more than one day. The school isn't bad, it's an ordinary high school. I love my teacher and I'm in love with the fact that they're mostly young adults. I gives us that connection and their enthusiasm excites us when learning. Whether you go to Townsend or Newtown, there will be those kids who smoke or drink. It's part of the high school. So, if you want a high school that doesn't have that then you better result to home school.

Maspeth High School 4

Posted December 01, 2013
I don't go to this school ,:Dut I walk passed it every day because my school is is.73 so its close . I Also walked past many other high schools and theres a big difference this school is very very clean , Many sun lighy , windows huge huge windows . The students are very quickly arrange ,no gangs that wait near the school . ThERES lockers !! And many many programs. They have a backyard sl clean freshh !!!!! I believe thats werr the swimming pool will be . IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON GOING TO THIS SCHOOL , I TOTALLY RECOMMEND IT !!! :D

Posted October 06, 2013
Okay i'm going to end some of these lies. Maspeth HS is great okay. Yes, the principle looks like he's about to kick somebody and seems to be unreachable. and yea the loss of Garg sucks. If your concern is for the students, there are counselors, they help us. We just have to go to them cause lets admit it, they don't have mind powers. As for the teachers, honestly i think its nice that they are young. They're enthusiastic and STOP saying they don't know what they are doing cause honestly, these teachers know damn well what they are doing. They do their best to help everyone and even stay after school to help students. ITS CALLED OFFICE HOURS. IF YOUR KID STRUGGLES TELL THEM TO GO THERE OR THEY SHOULD BE SMART ENOUGH TO GO THEMSELVES. its the students who choose not to listen cause if it was the teachers then EVERYONE would be having trouble with grades or tests BUT WE DON'T. We have honor students, i am an honor student. Key word: STUDENT. i see what is happening, i see how teachers work their hardest to help us and I see the students choosing to be lazy, not paying attention and using the teachers and an excuse for their failures. Excuse the mistakes. You get the message.

Maspeth High School 1

Posted September 20, 2013
Ms. Garg left the school. I did speak to her over the summer. I'm not sure where she went. As far as this school. It is a total nightmare. The Principal makes sure to avoid everyone. You MUST FOLLOW THE CHAIN OF COMMAND. He has stated that in one of the PTA meetings. So if you want to get somewhere in this school I suggest you deal with the district. Sorry I cannot help more. I too have many issues with this school.

Maspeth High School 2

Posted September 19, 2013
Does anyone know what happened to Ms. Garg - the assistant principal? Ms. Garg was always available and listened to students and parents alike - who did most of Mr. Abdul's work! Once again, he's hired new teachers, who are inexperienced and once again he's not available for anyone. He has run out last year's teachers and now our kids are suffering again with inexperienced ones. He needs to become a more involved with the kids and the parents. I've dealt with high school principals in way more crowded schools who were much more approachable than this man.

Posted March 11, 2013
The results at Maspeth High School are nothing short of amazing. There are over 30 different clubs & sports teams for kids to participate in. Its great to finally have a high school in our district that is high performing.

Maspeth High School