Massapequa, NY
Students enrolled: 1,212

Berner Middle School 1

Posted March 26, 2015
I have had 3 kids go through this school so far, 2 out of 3 had issues. My one daughter that had anxiety issues was basically pushed out of the school because they were unable to help her. My second child was bullied for months of which they did not believe. She had been pushed into lockers the dean was to review video and let us know and they never did. We asked on more than one occasion. By the time they were willing to help her she no longer could go to school. Now it is up to my husband and I to drug her up and take her to therapy all because they dropped the ball again!!!

Berner Middle School 4

Posted November 09, 2014
I went here recently. Simply put, it was an upgrade from elementary school. I always found school easy, so if you are smart middle school is a breeze. You get a lot more freedom than elementary school with changing classes and better lunches. PE is also a lot of fun! They have a great music program if you play an instrument/vocal. Most of the sports teams are Ok/Above average.

Berner Middle School 3

Posted July 28, 2012
It was Ok. Teachers are good. In 7th grade I had one or two that weren't that great and kinda mean, 8th grade was fine. Extracurricular activities were great (I loved Science Olympiad). However, in all seriousness, BMS and the district as a whole don't need to put in my that much effort in to be such good schools. The districts population is made-up of middle, upper-middle, and even quite a bit of downright wealthy families who can get their kids to love learning. The school district's impoverished, special, ed, and limited English proficient student populations are all quite low, so the school doesn't have as much students that can hinder academic standings as most other do. The actual student population of the school was the worst: Jersey Shore wanna-bes and many self-centered athletes that were afraid of other cultures and could be quite snobby. This school. teacherwise, was great but I'm glad I moved to a new district that actually has a little cultural diversity, which BMS and the rest of the district really needs. Believe me, the '12 MHS val was very very one-of-a-kind. But hopefully there will be more pequans like her in the future. I attended this school from 2009 to 2011

Posted May 22, 2010
A great place to send your kids, without a doubt. As a teacher, Massapequa is a district that is notorious for hiring based on "who you know". The teachers are very good, but it is tough if one is not one of the administration's "favorites". The administrators at BMS are not very effective at all. The Dean's office, by comparison, is exceptional. The staff is very hard working, dedicated to helping both student and teacher to solve problems.

Posted October 11, 2009
I love berner midddle school,theres nothing that beats itt!

Posted August 29, 2009
amazing school and teachers. I'm moving on to hs and I'm relle going to miss berner. btw Berner is only 7th & 8th grade. LOL

Posted October 13, 2008
I am a student at Berner and so far it has been OUTSTANDING! I love all of the teachers and the exracaricular is fanamonal!

Posted August 09, 2007
Berner Middle School was a great experience for my daughter. Our only regret is that she moves on to Ames. Teachers and Adminstration were outstanding. Very thing a parent could hope for.

Posted December 01, 2006
We moved here from NYC two years ago and I must say that Alfred Berner M.S. is everything I hoped it would be and more. My son is thriving here. There is not comparison to the school he would have went to in Brooklyn.

50 Carman Mill Road, Massapequa, NY  11758
Last modified Berner Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Berner Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top