Mastic Beach, NY
Students enrolled: 2,928

Posted October 21, 2014
Great school for kids to Add to there college resume with after school clubs, sports programs and one of the best musical programs on long island

Posted September 29, 2014
William Floyd is a wonderful school. Last year a graduate was accepted to every Ivy League and a different student was accepted to every military academy. It's the kind of school that gives it's students every opportunity to achieve. The neighborhoods around the school are quiet and it's near the beach! I think the people writing negative things here just don't want anyone to know what a terrific place this is. It's their best kept secret and they want to keep it that way.

Posted January 04, 2014
I have a daughter, I must say the school and neighborhood has taken a nose dive since i graduated in the 90's. After one visit to the school I pulled my child out and sent her to private Christian school. Being a police officer I was horrified at the amount of gang activity and general drug dealing going on in plain view. Children attending school wearing gang garb and flashing signs. The only reason this school gets 3 stars is because the teachers encourage the students to post on here and give it five stars. Don't take my word for it see for your self.

Posted January 04, 2014
Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere! William Floyd is a horrendous school district! Had to pull my two children out after 8 years within the district because it just gets worse and worse as they get older and move up through the grades. Now I pay for private/ Catholic school tuition for two kids and still have to pay insanely high school taxes every year for a district that will never measure up! The neighborhoods in the district are getting worse and worse also... Save yourself! Don't even look at this area! Your children deserve better!!!

Posted February 09, 2013
School gets negitive feedback from his own community,But honestly school is great my son loves it,reasson for low test scores are parents, an active and supporting parent can keep the students on track.

William Floyd High School 4

Posted April 11, 2012
I am a proud William Floyd Graduate and after May I will have a Juris Doctorate. William Floyd has a hard reputation and unfortunately the most negative feedback it receives stems from its own community. I can honestly tell you that being at Floyd I learned: how to be strong, realized that life does not give you hand outs, and that you have to work HARD. While I do agree that Floyd could trim the fat with respect to some ineffective teachers and overpaid Administrators, which is seen to plague a majority of school districts, this High School is not as bad as people make it out to be. The tools to be successful are there at William Floyd, however it takes an active and supporting parent to keep the students on track and encourage the school to thrive.

Posted February 10, 2012
I think the school is slacking. I believe letting 65% be passing is just a way to do less and still have the kids pass. My daughter went to a different school only 13 miles away and 70 was passing. She graduated regent honors from that school. This school is a joke I wish I could get my son out of it. I truly don't understand how schools in same state and county could have such different standards. I wish I could move my son to connetquot

William Floyd High School 3

Posted December 28, 2010
I wish the neighborhood was better but the district is ok. I tell my kids to take advantage of all the things the rest of the kids are not taking advantage of - This school offers alot but you have to be involved & take advantage of what is offered.

William Floyd High School 0

Posted October 10, 2010
My grandson goes there, and is doing very well

William Floyd High School 4

Posted January 21, 2010
This school Has a great athletics department and smart students. It's a great place to get an education. But it's the fighting that students get involve in because they want to see what's going on.

William Floyd High School
240 Mastic Beach Road, Mastic Beach, NY  11951
Last modified William Floyd High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William Floyd High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top