Bad
Good

Posted February 14, 2015
My daughter attended Kindergarten and now is in 1st grade. When she was in Kindergarten I volunteered in her class every Friday. I got to know the staff and teachers pretty well. I LOVE this school. I am surprised it only got a 6 rating. My daughter had Mrs. Gross for Kindergarten and she is FABULOUS! And now she has Mrs. Kelly in 1st grade and I requested her and I couldn't be happier! We are looking to move to NC and I am VERY sad to leave tangier at we have gotten very comfortable there. if your looking to move to the area Tangier is 1 out of 5 Elem schools and it is THEE best! HIGHLY recommend this school.We will miss it terribly! The ladies at the front love their job and are SO helpful! The nurse is awesome! Great teachers! Sad to leave :(

Posted January 20, 2011
My two sons attended K-5 at Tangier Smith and excelled in all the areas because the teachers were so outstanding.! Every grade level both my boys did so well and they simply loved the teachers and what they taught. All the teachers did amazing art projects which helped my boys about social studies and science in depth. I am very proud to be a part of this family of teachers and faculty. Today my boys continue to do very well and love all their teachers at the Middle School and High School Level.

Posted September 28, 2010
All the teachers and staff are so welcoming. We are so happy that our daughter attends this school, she is enjoys her class and teacher!

Posted October 24, 2008
My daughter is in the 3rd grade. We recently moved here from Queens and even with all the changes she has aced every test. I accredit this to a great school and a great teacher!

Posted August 22, 2008
Excellent school with lots of assistance for parents as well as students.

Posted November 26, 2006
my daughter has excelled in this school.She is in third grade.Her test scores are through the roof ,has met a lot of great teachers who care about the kids and has just learned so much in the past 4 years.My youngest is in kindergarden and in 3 months has started reading when she didnt even know all the phonics in September.There are a great many parents who work hard with their children and are involved in the school.

336 Blanco Drive, Mastic Beach, NY  11951
Last modified Tangier Smith Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.