Mastic, NY

John S Hobart Elementary School 2

Posted April 02, 2014
My school is john S Hobart Elementary. I like the parents teacher association involvement in the student will being. The staff are very helpful to the needs of student and parent. I'm not impress with school curriculum , there's many area for improvement in this school

Posted August 22, 2012
So happy to be back in this school!!! My son did kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade here, last year different school and this year back! Love, love his teachers!!! They are very involved as I am a very involved parent and can't say anything bad about this school! I think the parents that are complaining are probably the very ones who expect the school teachers to basically raise their child for them. Same parents who ignore their video game drone kids. Thank you Hobart!!! Look forward to the school year!

John S Hobart Elementary School 1

Posted September 07, 2011
This is only my sons 2nd day of kindergartena and I am looking to pull him out. The experience has been aweful. One example is the 1st day of school, the staff was putting my son on a bus infront of me when I explained that noone would be at a busstop to pick up my 5yr old! Im his mother and Im standing here. "well" said the secratary, "thats your fault, not ours, he is scheduled for the bus".

John S Hobart Elementary School 1

Posted August 11, 2011
I had a HORRIBLE experience here when my child first attended school. We moved out of the district ASAP! DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD HERE!

John S Hobart Elementary School 0

Posted April 13, 2009
I have two children attending this school and they are both excelling in every area.

John S Hobart Elementary School 2

Posted March 01, 2009
My son started kindergarden at this school and we moved during the middle of the trimester. I was glad that we switched schools. We had a very bad experience. I understand that discipline is needed, but when a 5 year old child needs to go to the bathroom, the teacher isn't supposed to complain.

Posted December 28, 2008
The teachers truly care about the students and the community. Thank you Mrs. Quinn!

Posted October 25, 2008

John S Hobart Elementary School 0

Posted August 13, 2008
This school is horrible. The principles are not doing enough to keep the teachers on target for the students. They need to start assessing the teachers and make them accountable for their students. The school is not preparing our children for their future career path, as well as their future educational path. A parent cannot get any answers or help for their child through the school s officials. Something better change quick or our children are doomed to fail.

Posted June 17, 2008
I can't begin yo say enough good things about Hobart.he pricipals are fantastic! No matter how small of a question or problem they are right on it.Mr Westcott,and Mr Grves are really a great team.The Teachers are great too! Plus at all the activities we've attended the Principals are always there. I am really impressed by this school.

John S Hobart Elementary School
230 Van Buren Street, Mastic, NY  11950
Last modified John S Hobart Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John S Hobart Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top