Mattituck, NY

Posted March 03, 2015
I graduated from Mattituck as did my three younger siblings. I really enjoyed my time in Mattituck. As a student there is little worry of violence and tons of opportunities to partake in extra curriculars and advanced courses. Many of the students are exceptional and the amount of "trouble makers" is typically at a minimum. Most of the teachers are knowledgeable and friendly, I still like to go visit and say hello to some of my favorites. If I had to make any suggestions it would be to help students better understand how to pick a college, the consequences of student loan debt and the immense workload increase once you get there. Also, it didn't bother me, but there is very little diversity with probably over 95% of students being Caucasian.

Posted August 10, 2013
I am a student in Mattituck and I have loved my experiences at this school, the staff is great at this school, they connect with the students differently than any other previous school I had been to, there are many extracurricular activities and clubs that a student can go. But one of the major reasons I like this school is that it is a really positive school environment there is very little bullying and it's a very friendly school environment.

Posted May 15, 2013
Mattituck Cutchogue UFSD afforded my four children a solid foundation from which they have all been able to continue their education and pursue their various career paths.

Posted November 06, 2008
My children have had many good to excellent teachers at Mattituck. The atmosphere is generally positive with relatively high expectations (in comparison to the society at large). The administration is above average; good leadership and in touch with the community.

Posted August 20, 2007
I love mattituck. The kids have such great respect for the teachers and the teachers have a great repect for the kids.

Posted August 13, 2007
i love this school theres so much spirt! were all about respect.

Posted March 18, 2006
Ok I am a student currently at the school and i love it. in junior high yes we have 'assigned seats' but we get to pick them.. we just have to stay there all year for attendance purposes.. but in the high school we can sit where ever. Most of the teachers are passionate about what they do and it is a very friendly and considerate enviorment. We are suffering this year because our budget didnt pass but everyone is showing spirit and raising money for things like sports and clubs. I think that we are one of the best public schools on the Northfork.

Mattituck Junior Senior High School 3

Posted November 09, 2004
I am a product of the Mattituck Cutchogue School District. As a student at an elite college I can tell you that this school will not have your child sufficiently prepared for a rigorous college situation. The learning environment is safe but perhaps too comfortable. The bar needs to be raised and overall only a few teachers are actually passionate about their profession and the material. The handful of people in the school who truly care about the students are the only reason to attend. The facilities (gym, art, textbooks, etc.) need updating, the cafeteria is built for third graders (literally), and the discpline policies are very inconsistent. In any case, I just thought I'd recommend that parents try to be as active as possible in their child's education especially if he or she hopes to attend a top college. Best of Luck. Class of 1999.

Posted May 31, 2004
It's an open campus and most kids go out for lunch so I don't know what that other parent is talking about. In the elementary school, they sit by class at designated tables, but can sit with whatever friends they choose. But more importantly, there are great teachers there and wonderful programs. For instance, the music program is excellent and the jazz ensemble and select chorus have taken top honors at regional festivals. Most kids go on to some kind of college. The school is smaller than most on Long Island so kids don't get lost in the shuffle, but not so small that they don't have opportunites to participate in sports and other extra curricular activities. What they do need is more space and updated facilities which the school is aware of and trying to gain approval for.

Mattituck Junior Senior High School 2

Posted May 30, 2004
Mattituck school has an okay learning center, but the students are ridiculous. Each child is determined what they will be as a kindergartener. So if you have enough money and are willing to be peer pressured this school could be a wonderful learning environment, otherwise it can be terible! I wanted to love this school, but leaving was the greatest thing I could have ever done. I have never felt so unwilling to go to school, a place where most students love.

Mattituck Junior Senior High School
15125 Main Road, Mattituck, NY  11952
Last modified Mattituck Junior Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mattituck Junior Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top