Mayville, NY

Chautauqua Lake Elementary School 1

Posted October 23, 2010
Administration is inconsistent and uncaring. Building facility is nice but what is a high tech facility without proper guidance and administration. My child has been verbally abused and no action is ever taken. She comes home in tears daily. Individual teachers are outstanding. All the teachers we have experienced are caring, understanding, relate to the children and really good teachers.

Chautauqua Lake Elementary School 1

Posted October 21, 2010
My son has been bullied AWFUL at this school. The bullying started in pre-k, continued through Kindergarten and now into first grade. He was taunted, pushed, hit and even punched in the mouth so hard that he lost a tooth. After years of abuse at the hands of other kids, and watching the school shrug it off, I've had to take him out of the school and seek other education for him. The principal was rude each time it was brought to her attention. This school was supposed to be THE school to go to if a child had special needs. Unfortunately, bullying and beating on a child with special needs was allowed continuously on their buses.

Chautauqua Lake Elementary School 0

Posted March 09, 2009
I do not feel that my children grades, 4th and 2nd are challenged enough at CLCS. They both seem pretty bored with school, which is not a good thing. I strongly disagree with the philosophy at CLCS of not rewarding students for their academic excellance. Also the communication between teachers and parents is very poor. Overall, I am not satisfied with this school or it's leadership, or lack there of.

Chautauqua Lake Elementary School 5

Posted September 19, 2006
Yesterday I was able to come in and see first hand what school is all about at CLCS. My daughter is in kindergarten and thoroughly enjoying it,we are very blessed to have a great teacher as well! It was such a neat experience to come in and volunteer,the kids are wonderful and taught well,it's good to see respect and discipline as well as safety applied to the classroom. One of my concerns is at the lunch hour,perhaps if there could be more supervision as there are so many children eating at the same time and of course at different times they need help opening containers of food or juice and just having someone sit with them and interact or just keep them in check(justa Mom's suggestion).I look foward to volunteering on mondays.Have a great school year!ljc

Chautauqua Lake Elementary School 3

Posted April 30, 2005
- a former student

Chautauqua Lake Elementary School 5

Posted August 11, 2004
There are so many great things about CLCS. The office staff is very helpful, teachers keep you updated on how your child is doing and there are always 'extra' events and programs going on for your child to look forward to. The school puts out their own periodical publication called the Navigator and it's always filled with helpful info. Every child has the chance to ride the bus - we live two blocks from school and my daughter rides the bus which is great when there's a ton of snow on the ground. When we were looking to relocate to this area a year ago, we picked this house because of the school system and we don't regret it one bit. I plan to stay long enough for my children to graduate from CLCS.

Chautauqua Lake Elementary School
100 North Erie Street, Mayville, NY  14757
Last modified Chautauqua Lake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chautauqua Lake Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top