Medford, NY
Students enrolled: 2,646

Posted May 27, 2014
This local school has exceptional teachers who really care about students. All the teachers we have had so far are readily available for extra help and for speaking to parents. The music program is spectacular - many of the students participate in Allstate competitions, LISFA, SCEMEA, etc. There is a great interest in the sports programs as well. There are a lot of AP classes available and the guidance counselors are available to help navigate the next steps necessary for successful high school completion.

Posted April 28, 2014
Patchogue Medford area and the High School has improved dramatically and is up and coming.

Posted February 13, 2014
This school is a mixed bag. The programs provided aren't bad and the food is alright. The students are something else I've been around to see nice, mean, weird (in a good way), gang( or they think they are), crazy( in a bad way), and rude people but they aren't bad when you get to know'em, but students dress trashy (especially sagged pants like really). Teachers are a gamble depending on which one you get. Guards do their jobs but students somehow get away with deals, fighting, or bullying. Also I should mention the school makes fake accounts on the internet along w/ the police to track you, my time so far it's stopped a couple incidents but it can be uncomfortable, it makes me nervous to write this as well. The environment is bad, bathrooms are dirty or smell, bland painting, nothing really interesting. The staff such as the librarians or any that you don't see in the hallways don't do much, I've seen them try to avoid doing direct work, only two times has that happened to me but I'm speaking with personal and what I hear experience. I do like the education being taught but it depends on your teacher. If anyone working at the school finds this take it to thought. Overall: Meh.

Posted October 29, 2013
Horrible... Staff is rude to students. I moved here from another state and honestly cannot wait to move out of this district. Staff members really need to take a refresher course in communication. My child is polite and always respectful yet her encounters and mi en have been nothing but a headache here. They do nothing about bullying unless the child has been hit, I have made 2 complaints this year alone and nothing has been done to resolve my issues. As many times as I have been down to the school with issues I have yet to meet the principal. Simply pathetic at how pat med is run...I would much rather take my child back to a city school.

Posted March 07, 2013
Patchogue Medford is a great school! There is good and bad in every school, I don't care where you live. When parents raise good students, they can achieve success in any school. It's a big school with many program offerings. I am proud to send my kids there.

Posted April 27, 2011
Currently a senior at pat-med. There is such a divide in the type of students attending patchogue-medford. There are many students taking AP and honors courses, but outside of those classes, students honestly just don't care about education. We have a lot of clubs and a lot of people get involved in them, our robotics team is nationally ranked, and our computer science program is amazing.

Posted April 13, 2011
About two years ago I was in this school quite often, and a I must say I did not have a bad experience here at all. My husband and I moved to this district and we are both teachers. I know the school has a bad rep, but i know some people who put there children through the district and had no problems. I have heard about a poor administration. I feel bad if students can't pay attention. That is not only the fault of the teacher but should be put on the parents as well. Districts that thrive are filled with parents that value education and send there children with the idea that they must pay attetion and do well. No excuses! My husband works in a very good school district. As far as kids goofing off and gangs and drugs, Its everywhere! We actually saw a missing persons poster of one of his former students. He was known to be in a gang. There are kids that mess around and distract other children from learning. There is also and huge drug problem! These are problems that are everywhere. I think the school district and the community need to come together and stop complaining if they arent going to do anything about it!

Posted March 31, 2011
I completely disagree with reviewer from March 15, 2010. I am a good student, and try to pay attention in class, but it is nearly impossible when the other kids are goofing around and I can't even hear the teachers. They have to keep repeating themselves so the bad kids can catch up. I could learn so much more, but there is no discipline or consequences. I always hear kids cursing, making racist comments, or talking nasty about someone who is not like them. The girls dress trashy and I am sick of seeing the boy's underwear. Sure, there are some good programs and sports teams are good, but I am not into robotics or football. I wish I could got to private school, but we can't afford it. I look forward to graduating and getting out of there.

Posted September 16, 2010
Bad teachers that don't care. Not safe. Too many bullies and gangs. Sports stink. Boring.

Posted June 09, 2010
No school spirit. Big bulling problems. Teachers don't care and are only there for the paycheck and summers off; and they're some of the highest paid teachers in NY! Overtaxed and mismanaged district. Boo!

Patchogue Medford High School
181 Buffalo Avenue, Medford, NY  11763
Last modified Patchogue Medford High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Patchogue Medford High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top