Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My husband graduated from PMHS almost 37 years ago and now our son attends here. We are very pleased with the schools progression. The district really takes an interest in its curriculum and students. Our son started freshman year from another district but felt welcomed and accepted. He is in the AFJROTC program and takes tremendous pride in wearing the uniform. He receives a lot of support from all his teachers and fellow cadets. Overall, we are very happy with PMHS.

Great district, great teachers, and great administration. The district is headed in a wonderful direction and students are empowered to learn and grow in all that they do!

PMHS is an excellent school. Although, all schools have their own issues, that is not the fault of the school. I have found that most teachers and staff really do care about the students. But the student must have the right intention. There are a lot of AP classes, excellent sports programs and the music department just won a major award of excellence. The goal is to prepare the kids for college, so parents need to be very involved and the students need to focus their attention properly. I am very happy with the school so far !!!

Very many bullies and higher ups at the school sweep it under the rug if you report it ever

This local school has exceptional teachers who really care about students. All the teachers we have had so far are readily available for extra help and for speaking to parents. The music program is spectacular - many of the students participate in Allstate competitions, LISFA, SCEMEA, etc. There is a great interest in the sports programs as well. There are a lot of AP classes available and the guidance counselors are available to help navigate the next steps necessary for successful high school completion.

Patchogue Medford area and the High School has improved dramatically and is up and coming.

This school is a mixed bag. The programs provided aren't bad and the food is alright. The students are something else I've been around to see nice, mean, weird (in a good way), gang( or they think they are), crazy( in a bad way), and rude people but they aren't bad when you get to know'em, but students dress trashy (especially sagged pants like really). Teachers are a gamble depending on which one you get. Guards do their jobs but students somehow get away with deals, fighting, or bullying. Also I should mention the school makes fake accounts on the internet along w/ the police to track you, my time so far it's stopped a couple incidents but it can be uncomfortable, it makes me nervous to write this as well. The environment is bad, bathrooms are dirty or smell, bland painting, nothing really interesting. The staff such as the librarians or any that you don't see in the hallways don't do much, I've seen them try to avoid doing direct work, only two times has that happened to me but I'm speaking with personal and what I hear experience. I do like the education being taught but it depends on your teacher. If anyone working at the school finds this take it to thought. Overall: Meh.

Horrible... Staff is rude to students. I moved here from another state and honestly cannot wait to move out of this district. Staff members really need to take a refresher course in communication. My child is polite and always respectful yet her encounters and mi en have been nothing but a headache here. They do nothing about bullying unless the child has been hit, I have made 2 complaints this year alone and nothing has been done to resolve my issues. As many times as I have been down to the school with issues I have yet to meet the principal. Simply pathetic at how pat med is run...I would much rather take my child back to a city school.

Patchogue Medford is a great school! There is good and bad in every school, I don't care where you live. When parents raise good students, they can achieve success in any school. It's a big school with many program offerings. I am proud to send my kids there.

Currently a senior at pat-med. There is such a divide in the type of students attending patchogue-medford. There are many students taking AP and honors courses, but outside of those classes, students honestly just don't care about education. We have a lot of clubs and a lot of people get involved in them, our robotics team is nationally ranked, and our computer science program is amazing.

Last modified Patchogue Medford High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.