Posted June 30, 2012
We spent two great years at Menands--and couldn't have had a better experience. My sons had a great experience--learned lots and had so many caring instructors. My youngest son was in Kindergarten with Mrs. Keppler and 1st grade with Mrs. Putnam. Every kid in his Kindergarten class was reading on level by the end of the year. In 1st grade, he blossomed and finished reading chapter books like "The Magic Treehouse". Math for Kindy and First was Saxon--which I found (although repetitive), very thorough. He's finishing knowing his facts down cold and has a great grasp of basic math. My elder son had Mrs. Marinstein for first grade and Mrs. Trainor for second. Two wonderful teachers. He entered advanced in both reading and math, and they both customized work for him and a few other kids to keep them engaged. Can't say enough good about the art, music, Spanish, and health/PE programs as well. They had two wonderful concerts and a great art show each year. My kids were always coming home telling me what Mr. Collins told them in health. Great Field Day and bike safety week too. Really sad to be leaving, can't recommend this school enough. Really fabulous small school!

Posted November 04, 2011
I found this as the best school for my kids since we move in to NY from Texas, the multicultural enviroment and the bilingual classes once a week fit perfectly for our hispanic family. Love the neighborhood and all the village facilities as well.

Posted June 12, 2011
This is a great school. The Principal, Superintendent and the entire crew is very friendly and dedicated. Parents involvement is fantastic. My daughter loved going to school here but unfortunately we had to move out the state.

Menands School 3

Posted September 24, 2009

Menands School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Small school where all the children are known by every staff member. Excellent teachers.

Posted October 15, 2008

Posted October 01, 2008
As the Menands School is small and located in a small village, outsiders might assume it has a small-town mentality and homogenized environment. However, students get both big-city and small-town benefits with multicultural exposure and personal attention from staff and faculty). My multi-ethnic kids fit in perfectly here!

Posted August 30, 2008

Posted January 08, 2008
Great school, great people. Small population with multi cultural environment makes it great for kids to grow and be open to the world!

Posted March 08, 2007
I truly believe that the Administrators, Staff and Board of Education care about the Health and Welfare of ALL the children at Menands. Parents need to be more involved in their childrens education so that they can see this is truly the case at Menands.

Menands School
19 Wards Ln, Menands, NY  12204
Last modified Menands School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Menands School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top