Merrick, NY
After care: No

School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

GCA is staffed by the best teachers, attended by the best students, and supported by the best parents around! As this year's rookie principal and parent of two of the school's students, I have nothing but wonderful things to say about the school's academics, adherence to the Word of God, and family atmosphere. The GCA family's desire for excellence in every aspect of learning and life have made the school a great place to work, minister, and educate my own children. As one who will not accept mediocrity, I am proud to be part of the GCA community!
March 12, 2013

Posted March 22, 2015
Our daughter came to Grace Christian Academy to start 7th grade last year. The Roosevelt School district had many issues that caused her to be a victim of bullying with little support. After visiting a few well known Christian schools in Long Island, Grace was the clear choice after the first interview. We see a loving fun filled atmosphere and the dedication of the faculty and staff. Our daughter adapted easily to Classical education. She is about to complete her 8th grade with consistent high grades and a better understanding of the Lord. She loves her friends and teachers and wants to finish her High School years here. We believe in this school so much that we will have her continue here after we move from Roosevelt to the Bronx later this year. If you want to give your child the best education that will properly prepare them for college as well as walking the path of the Lord, this is the right school for you. God Bless, Andrew and Sylvia Stone

Posted April 23, 2014
My son entered GCA in the middle of his fourth grade year. My son has an IEP and had been attending public school since kindergarten. We chose GCA, because I wanted to foster his love of learning. A desire that began to dwindle in public school. At first, I was intimidated the children are learning Latin and Biblical recitation with sign language.. which is extremely beautiful to see! At the open house, the children recited a historical timeline beginning 400 BC. I wondered could my son do all this? I learned immediately that not only could he but, he loves it. He came home every day talking about Astronomy, World History, Science and Latin. I realized the success children were having was due to the style of learning. It is engaging and children participate with all their senses. The children are taught values, self worth, and truly value each other. My son hated math and writing. Now he is THRIVING. The average class size is approximately 5 students, and the children are one grade ahead academically. In a few short months, my son is demonstrating a capacity and love of learning that has exceeded my hopes and dreams. Now, I no longer fret over what my son can't do, I am amazed!

Grace Christian Academy 4

Posted April 09, 2014
This was our first year at Grace Christian Academy and our Kindergartener is flourishing. Our daughter went from struggling with identifying numbers and some letters to reading by February! The school's Classical approach combined with the loving attention to the educational progress of her students has been a blessing. In addition to the solid successful teaching in this school, that avoids the pitfalls of the infamous Common Core, the school offers wonderful extra-curriculars including a faith-based version of Girl Scouts, ASL club and a wonderful musical theater production. Our daughter participated in the school's musical with a talented cast and director, affording her a quality theater experience very rarely found in a small Christian school. Our only challenge this year has been getting to know the routines and staying informed of all that is going on at the school.

Posted April 08, 2014
GCA exceeds my expectations in many ways. The method of teaching (Classical) is second to none and my children will benefit for the rest of their lives because of this structure. Also, this school faculty is caring and fair in their assessments and discipline. They keep on top of issues that affect the students, issues that some schools ignore. I also appreciate the place that this school offers to parents who want to be involved in their child's education. They invite parental involvement, unlike many other schools.

Posted April 08, 2014
Grace Christian School is an excellent school based on a classical education. The class sizes are small so teachers can spend quality time with the children, so they learn more and better. We are very pleased with the quality of the education.

Grace Christian Academy

Posted March 12, 2013
- a school leader

Posted January 17, 2013
Truly a school of diversity with a strong emphasis on Classical Education. Teachers go above and beyond what is required. -care for the student as an individual is priority. No "teaching to the test" at this school. Cirriculum is challenging and relevant. The principle, a strong, seasoned leader, exhibits great humility and compassion while maintaining a direct steady course. Tuition is affordable. Nassau County's Best Kept Secret!!

Posted December 17, 2012
Grace Christian Acamdemy has exceeded my expectations on every level. This school offers a unique Christ centered, biblically based, classical education. The teachers are top quality. Despite that the academics are rigerous (this school teaches 1 to 2 years ahead of National standards), GCA knows how to motivate kids to learn and to have fun doing it. Rigerious academics are balanced with an atmosphere of fun and inclusion. I couldn't be happier to have my children in an enviornment where they are being provided with the highest quality Classical Christian Education on Long Island. GCA also strives to keep tution costs affordable.

Posted December 12, 2012
GRACE CHRISTIAN ACADEMY is truly a unique & blessed school. Because of the "Classical Education" style, the education level far surpasses all other forms of bland education. The teachers are passionate, committed & overqualified at the level that they teach. This school's philosoohy of pouring into each student makes a HUGE difference in the outcome of the student's molding character. I highly recommend GRACE CHRISTIAN ACADEMY for any parent who wants their children to excel with the highest degree of ethics and morals possible in a society that is declining fast!!! GCA is a Christ-Centered school with incredible value!!!

Posted December 05, 2012
Our 2 older children attended private nonsectarian & a highly-rated public school. We chose GCA for our 3rd child because of its Biblical approach combined with options for grade-acceleration, ability-grouping in math, & distance education. GCA's academics have proven second to none! Our child avails of the excellent Advanced Placement program in Physics, Calculus AB, Statistics, Latin, European History, American History, & English Literature. The AP program begins in 10th grade, so subjects are distributed for the college application! The Performing Arts & Service Club are established. Students have participated in two Service Club missions trips to Appalachia within the past 4 years, & are involved in local community projects. The staff & student body represent many denominations which provides balance. The sports program is still evolving, which is a negative for those high schoolers who want access to varsity sports. The Biblical approach combined with a strong academic program & teachers who love the children make GCA an incredible school.

Grace Christian Academy
36 Smith St, Merrick, NY  11566
Last modified Grace Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Grace Christian Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top