Middle Island, NY
Students enrolled: 2,705

Posted May 10, 2015
Longwood High School as any school is what you make it. The teachers are caring and are there for the students. The sports department are exceptional and so is the music, drama department. Both my children went here and 1 graduated with high honors while my son will be graduating this year. Love Longwood

Posted January 14, 2015
Below is a list of clubs offered by the High school : B.U.T.Y. Chamber Orchestra Chess Club Choral Cubs Choralions Class of 2008 Class of 2009 Class of 2010 Class of 2011 Dance Club F.B.L.A. Flagline Future Educators of America Gamers' Club Guitar Club JV STEP Leo Club Leadership Conference Club Literary Club Marching Band Math Club Mock Trial Club National Art Honor Society National Honor Society News Club Newspaper/Journalism Club Ocean Science Bowl Orchestra Outdoor Sculpture Club PAL-Karate Club Photography Club Publishers' Club Quiz Bowl Rotary Interact Club S.A.D.D. Science Olympiad Sewing and Crafts Club Stage/Jazz Band S.T.A.R. Student Council Tri-M Music Honor Society Webmasters' Club World Culture and Language Club Yearbook Club

Posted January 05, 2015
Both my sons attended Longwood HS. They took AP classes there and graduated with high honors. Each also earned the rank of Eagle Scout. They have since each graduated from private, four year colleges, are gainfully employed in fields they studied in college ( with benefits!) and live independently of us proud parents. Longwood is a great school system!

Posted January 05, 2015
Great school! All of my 3 kids have had great experiences here! There is something for everyone!

Posted October 15, 2014
I went through Longwood k-12, and it was honestly terrible. The security treats you like you're a criminal, the teachers think they are students, and you are simply wasting your time--with a few minor exceptions. If you can afford a private school, PLEASE bring your child there. This is a terrible school district and I would have given anything to go anyplace else.

Posted March 23, 2014
I moved out of state to Longwood High School for my sophomore year and after 2 years of being at this school, I CANNOT stand it. The students are disrespectful, and the teachers are just as disrespectful back. I'm getting ready to start applying to colleges and my counselor has done nothing to help prepare me. The school wastes money on ridiculous amount of flat screens and not enough on basic school necessities. Fights are every other day, and if you're "different", the students will make you most certainly feel unwelcome and the staff won't do anything to help. Avoid enrolling into this school at all costs.

Posted April 11, 2013
This school is a joke, there is not one bit of leadership in this school , throughout my school career I was a high honors student who graduated and by my own intelligence and my own ability to search for outside knowledge I got accepted into NYU and who takes the credit for that , Longwood they have no right to take credit for this since at the time my parents spend thousands of dollars to have me educated in private learning centers after school because they felt my education was so subpar . Longwood school district doesn t just have a subpar education system they have an outright wrong education system, they should be examined by the state thoroughly to see if the school has any merit still being open

Posted November 13, 2012
My teen years went down the drain in this school. Never felt like the teachers cared, the people in class were misbehaved and made it extremely hard to concentrate if the teacher wasn't already yelling at them, and security guards and administrators were overbearing. You didn't really have a voice or any freedom at this school. It felt more like a jail than a learning experience. Counselors were also terrible. It was way overcrowded. Also there were too many fights and "bomb scares." I lost all motivation I had until college where I excelled. Absolutely hated this school.

Posted September 12, 2012
The district dosnt care about kids or parents they back their teachers up though. i dont have the money to move and it too late for my kids dont move to this district.

Posted June 06, 2012
Regarding the Jessica Barba scandal you created, SHAME on you administrators! You have a sensitive, empathetic, creative young lady with the ability to think outside the box, and you punish her for these attributes? You morons should be sued and then fired. Ms. Barba's project was socially responsible and impressive... you, however, are not. Janice McClellan

Longwood High School
100 Longwood Road, Middle Island, NY  11953
Last modified Longwood High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Longwood High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top