Middle Island, NY

Posted January 14, 2015
All three of our chilren attended this school and we all loved the experince they had there, great teachers who provided a nuturing environment for our children to in.

West Middle Island School 1

Posted January 12, 2015
I've had my children in this school for few years and have not had an issue until this year. I feel that my children's teachers are very unorganized and do not give there all, they seem to just be there for a paycheck also the principal doesn't seem to have anytime for parents concerns she always in a "meeting." My children have also told me that the teachers don't have time to listen to their concerns. It's very upsetting and I know many parents that feel the same.

Posted January 12, 2015
My son went to this school and he loved it. The teachers really care about the kids and he was actually sad to leave after 4th grade. WEST IS BEST!

Posted January 12, 2015
We absolutely love WMI. Both of our boys have gone there from Kindergarten (One is a 4th grader, the other is a 1st grader). We have found the teachers to be extremely dedicated, the administration responsive and supportive, and the overall WMI "Community" to be extremely warm. There is an extremely strong PTA that work in conjunction with the school to deliver great programs for our students. When we first moved to Longwood people warned us about the district being "not so great", but nothing could be further from the truth.

Posted July 27, 2014
Its a very creative school the teachers are really nice its a nice area I recemend it

Posted May 13, 2010
There is a sense of pride and dedication to the West Middle Island School. There are teachers that go above and beyond for the benefit of the children's learning experience. Whether its creating new community projects that embrace the children's creativity, having a fantastic field day experience, or just saying hello in the hallway, the Staff at West really is the BEST!!!

Posted May 12, 2010
We Love West Middle Island Elementary School. They have great teachers and staff, and do so much for the kids.

Posted May 12, 2010
It provides and exceptional learning environment for my nephew and niece. The school elicits the students' full potential.

Posted May 12, 2010
Very active , parent participatory , a great learning invironment for my grandkids

Posted May 12, 2010
WMI is wonderful! It starts with the principal and works its way down. Everyone is exceptional! The environment, caring, concern, experiences and enthusiam is why our school motto is 'West is best!'

West Middle Island School
30 Swezey Lane, Middle Island, NY  11953
Last modified West Middle Island School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Middle Island School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top